1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I havent posted in awhile but.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I have noticed some things. I have to say we are the front runner in the Webber race. But I think Sacremento is right there. Orlando is going to get AD and Detroit sux, even with him. I dont think he wants to play for houston. I think there are places he woudl rather play but Houston is the ideal situation. Needs a bigman and has the money and lifestyle.

I have to say Cato will be a Bull. If the bulls land Curry or Diagop or whatever his name is. It will be a minimum of 3 years until they can play at a solid level. Do you think Krause is going to suck for 3 years. I think he would rather try to reunite cato and floyd and see if they can suck some potential out of him. I dont see sacremento taking him in a sign and trade. I would rather take Kt, and a couple draft picks.

I am starting to think we will not pick Jefferson with the 13th. i think he will fall and i would bet on getting him at 18. Im predicting either Brendan Haywood or Loren Woods. even though I think Jefferson is better than them both. I just dont think the Rox will take him.

What I would do with the 23rd pick. I dunno if this is a good idea or not but I would try to deal it to Utah for there 2003 pick. Why do i do this because by then they will have to suck. Maybe that would be the final piece of our puzzle.

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'll say I think Woods wil be better than Jefferson, but its close. Woods needs to add 15 lbs of meat while Jefferson needs a little more consistent shot. I like Woods because it is impossible (outside of 2001) to draft a center past pick 5 of the draft. The rockets won't be a pick five for atleast 9 years so it would be better to take the center now.

Woods is the line though as far as centers go early. SGs and forwards should rule the teens...so the next best center should be there at 18 and maybe 23.

Your handle reminds of that show Cleopatra2222:)

------------------

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Your handle reminds me of Ho Ho mary christmas.

Not really but i had to say something.

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.