1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE TREVOR ARIZA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StonesRunIt, Dec 28, 2009.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so ariza is 10-48 FG in his last 4 games, let's talk about it.

his last 4 games:

Dec 27 @ CLE 2-10
    Dec 26 @ NJN 5-17
    Dec 23 @ ORL 1-10
    Dec 22 vs. LAC 2-11

he is shooting 37% FG and 65% FT for the year.

DD, you hate tmac because he's a "volume shooter" and a "low percentage shooter." what's your take on ariza's offensive game?

2. Yak

Yak Member

I wish I was so popular that people make entirely new threads in an already glutted forum simply so they can call me out.

I'm gonna start ending my posts in "-Y" so I get sum'more attention 'round here! :grin:

3. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

I really think it is necessary that Adelman sit Ariza down and tell him that he doesn't need to shoot every time he gets the ball. He needs to start driving cause he can throw down and then when he does drive to the basket, he can dish out to his teammates.

4. nsng20

nsng20 Member

amen brotha

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

STOP...just stop. Tjis is ridiculous...the mods need to close every tmac and ariza thread and just start from scratch...you cant have a good discussion with information spread out like this..

6. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Disguised Tmac thread? Another Pathetic Performance by a Tmac apologist. Ariza has proven to win a championship and be very important in doing so, Tmac? He hasn't even proved to get to the championship.

7. obliviousworld

HAHA. T-MAC WITH ONE LEG SHOOTS BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!
    ARIZA IS A GOOD PLAYER BUT HE WASN'T GIVING THE GIFT TO BE A STAR.
    JUST LIKE ANY OTHER SPORT, YOUR EITHER BORN WITH IT OR YOUR JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE..... ARIZA HERE'S A THOUGHT Y DON'T YOU JUST CONCENTRATE ON DEFENSE!! GET SOME STEALS AND EASY BUCKETS THAN MAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUR SHOTS WILL FALL. :eek:

8. dEVIL

dEVIL Member

lets not and say we did

9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

WeMissDeke, how many times are you going to get banned then come back?

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you cant blame a guy for doing what a coach tells him. You can blame a pl6er for NOT doining what him coach tells him(ask T-mac).

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

why does everyone have to run stuff by DD in order to discuss the team?

Ariza has been nothing short of T-Mac like in the offense.

all year long.

My dad says he has "loser eyes"

12. supa

supa Contributing Member

I like that he makes 16 million less than T-Mac, has yet to put himself above the team, and is only taking that volume of shots because the coach and GM want him to. He is doing what was asked of him.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lol, calm down. i never said ariza was a bad player.

ariza would be great for this team if he just played within his skillset. that's all i ask.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Are you THAT dense that you would compare a max-contract player to a MLE player? One player is trying to do more than he should and the other shot his career to hell by his actions the past two seasons. No one on this board wants to see Ariza shooting this poorly but I don't remember hearing anyone b**** when he started the season shooting 42-103 in six games.

No one here expects Ariza to be a superstar player and no on expects Ariza to our best scorer since we have Scola and Brooks to rely upon at the beginning of the year. And now we have Landry as our closer.

You sing praises about a McGrady that does not exist anymore and that's fine but I would suggest you stay off this board if/when McGrady leaves because it'll only make you more angry realizing that McGrady is gone.

1 person likes this.
  15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

this thread has nothing to do with salary so let's not bring money into the topic.

i'm just concerned with production and production only. i don't care if we paid ariza $1 or $500 million. once again, this thread has nothing to do with player salary and everything to do with offensive production.

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

who said everyone has to run stuff by DD in order to discuss the team?

he just really hates tmac for being a "low percentage shooter" and a "volume shooter" so as of now, ariza seems to be similar to that so i was wondering how he felt about ariza's offensive game.

this thread has nothing to do with singing praise about tmac so let's not make that assumption.

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

For my money it's just the opposite. I'd rather have different threads and the better will "survive." I don't want to dig through 29 pages just to find a piece of the discussion that interests me... I'd rather scan the thread titles.

18. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

If you want to direct your question to one person, don't make a new thread on it. Just email him.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's fine but you have to realize that no one that knew basketball would have said "Yea Ariza's going to come in here and blow up offensively". He has his deficiencies but what is Adelman going to do? Tell him NOT to shoot at all and have the opposing defense play off of him because they know he's not going to shoot? Or bench a player we spent millions on? If that's the case then you would suggest that Morey's reputation as a talent evaluator has holes in it and I'm sure you wouldn't want that.

Oh yea, we went 4-2 in those six games

20. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

I lol'ed hard, would rep if i could