1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE TREVOR ARIZA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StonesRunIt, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

we signed him with the mle when artest left didn't we? i thought we were still requesting the disabled exception at that point

2. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Pretty much. At least Lin could dribble the ball and penetrate, Ariza could dribble the ball off his foot could pretty well.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

On offense, yeah. But Ariza has always been a good defensive player.

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

I might be wrong about that. But my memory was that we used the disabled exception for him? The year before, when Ariza was with the Lakers, and Yao had the stress fracture in his foot during the playoffs. And then we saw Yao going to the locker room fighting to stay on the court.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6jRXhj1PpFU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That video doesn't really relate to what we were talking about, Yao's determination that has just always been a moment that I have loved.

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

can he guard LMA? Would anyone really be surprised if this is another 1st round exit? Unless Dwight walks as big as he's talking.

6. NotChandlerParsons

OP do you think you will be able to accept Trevor Ariza into your heart now that he has matured and improved

7. bongman

bongman Member

IMHO, our defense in general is what caused us the series. Unless you feel that Splitter is all world defense, Spurs handled them fairly easily.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am this you probably realized this later, but LMA does not normally play that way so it wouldn't really be an issue. LMA was playing out of his mind the first few games with those rainbow shots that basically fell through the hoop at a vertical angle. If he was doing that against the Spurs, there was no way they would have been able to defend either. LMA cooled down after those few games though and became a lot more manageable. When a star gets hot like that though, NO ONE but themselves can guard them.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

As I recall, the Rockets were rather disappointed with Ariza's defense that year-- too much just reaching and gambling and not enough effort (due to spending more energy trying and failing on the offensive end).

This is why they traded Ariza.

This was 5 years ago and with a whole different team, though.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah, his defense that year was average at best because of how much effort he put onto his terrible offense. He was honestly reckless on both ends of the floor that year, it was really cringe worthy to watch him play basketball every game.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They traded him not because he was a bad player, he played average basketball.

They wanted an Allstar, a Superstar, someone better than average so yeah.

Was Kevin Martin the guy after Trevor? I guess so

12. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

scapegoat. Not escape goat . lol. Carry on.

1 person likes this.
  13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

14. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

has anyone asked ariza about that sequence with harden last season? i'm still curious what the joke was about.

maybe he learned from being the escape goat that got away, but he's playing the way he did in the playoffs for the lakers, with a more deadly touch from the outside. that's a baaaaad man.

16. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

lmao i remember the anger that flowed through my veins as i typed the OP. Before any one player, im a Rockets fan..... that said, I wake up everyday thanking my lucky stars Trevor is killing his role and isnt the number one option.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Trevor Ariza still sucks. He can't dribble and he has way too streaky of a shot. His D is good.

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Ariza was a great signing. Yeah he is streaky. But meh I can live with that if his defense is great on the other side.

19. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

His D was pretty atrocious against Klay Thompson tonight.

Ariza is horrible offensively. Just horrible.

20. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

agreed.