1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Have Grown To HATE Tilman Fertitta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, Oct 5, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Morey isn't your slave dumbass. He has a life outside the Rockets. Are the Rockets limiting practices, team events, gm duties because he expressed his opinion.

You don't own him. What horrible logic.

malakas likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not at all, unlike you I am very much stable mentally about this entire situation. I am merely choosing not to waste time trying to see if I can have an actually intelligent and rational discussion with you. Since it is clearly not possible, I am going to continue watching football. It's a brand new day and I rather find ways to enjoy life rather than get into a shouting match behind a keyboard with an idiot.

3. fchowd0311

Yes you are the one stable mentally with an argument that merely expressing an opinion is equivalent to having that opinion forced upon you.

Hearing an opinion is not having an opinion forced upon you.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I never said Morey was wrong for exercising his right of free speech, dumbass. Is Morey the Houston Rockets, you DUMBASS?

Morey can do whatever he wants with his twitter, DUMBASS. The Houston Rockets oth is not a human being, its not a political organization, and it is beholden to its paying customers like me, DUMBASS. Almost all Houston Rocket paying customers aren't paying the Houston Rockets to make political stands on twitter, DUMBASS.

Do you want to go to Mcdonalds and when you order a Big Mac the cashier asks if you want a side of why Republicans are better than Democrats? Gtfo!

5. fchowd0311

You are precisely making this claim. Major corporations make political statements all the time. Look at how much they donate to political organizations.

And here you are offended because our gm made a statement regarding a autocratic regime.

6. malakas

malakas Member

You can't divorce politics from any aspect of human life. You may think you can, but it's wrong.
    You can only avoid current insignificant issues but the most basics one like : human rights and freedoms, equality affect every moment of your life.

If a basketball player is a domestic abuser, a rapist , a racist you will say it's okay, I only pay him to play bball let's ignore all the rest?

Yung-T likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

How d hell am I offended I'm asian living in South East Asia. I couldnt care less about this issue and thats why I dont want the Rox wasting time on it.

A major corporation making donations is different from them taking a stand when's the last time a corporation said they want democrats or republicans? Corporations are beholden to their stock owners which (suprise) come from all political backgrounds duh. If Coke said Trump sucks Hillary rocks and then it finds out 40% of its shareholders are Republicans what happens next?

I never even mentioned Morey you're the one who keeps bringing it up as a straw man argument.

8. fchowd0311

It's hilarious how you are moving goal posts.

"I pAy LeAgUe PaSs, MoReY cAnT havE OpiNiOn"

Im not fond of Trump. Bob McNair donates to Trump and has vocally even told his players he cheered for his victory. Do I give a ****? No, I'm still a Texans fan and I don't give absurd arguments about paying for NFL Sunday Ticket.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

A domestic abuser, a rapist and racist is a criminal so you probably wont he able to pay him to play bball cuz he will be in jail.

What does human right, freedom and equality have to do with the Houston Rockets? Am I supposed to comb through every personnel of the organization and make sure they all support human rights, freedom and equality?

About politics...bruh I'm from the freaking Philippines. Am I supposed to care whether Harden is a democrat or republican when I dont even live in the US? Oh but I can't divorce politics from every aspect of human life. I may think I can, but I'm wrong. Clearly I need to call Harden and Morey and find out which political party in my country they support.

Why don't you ask Clutch why he made the DnD? According to you thats dumb cuz you can't divorce politics from any aspect of human life including bball. Even if Clutch thinks he is right, he is wrong.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

???

It's hilarious you accuse me of moving the goal posts when you are the one doing it. Like I said my post never even mentioned Morey you're the one who keeps making ad hominem attacks and a straw man argument that somehow Morey is my slave.

Bob Mcnair is a human being and can express his opinion just like Daryl Morey. Notice it is Bob Mcnair himself and not the Texans organization that said Trump Good democrats bad. That's because you are paying the Texans to play football and not Bob Mcnair the person to give his political opinion. Texans itself being a coporation is composed of people who both love or hate trump unless the owner fires all the pro trump people it can't express one opinion that fits everyone in the company.

11. fchowd0311

Morey himself gave his political opinion.

Also, if an organization you follow makes a political opinion, and you disagree with said opinion, you have every right to stop following them.

I'm sure you are offended that Morey stands for basic Individual rights. You should stop following the Rockets organization if that offends you. I'll gladly convince you to stop following the Rockets if you are a bootlicker for the Chinese autocratic government.

Both parties, the fans, and the orginzation have their right to express their opinion. The only people who make the argument that sports organizations can't make political statements are the ones who disagree with the political statement.

12. malakas

malakas Member

No. Racism isn't a criminal offense and it's extremely difficult to successfully imprison someone for domestic abuse or rape.
    So if they aren't in prison, you are okay with that?

You are okay with Darren Collison who abused his SO, but didn't go to prison?

Human right, Freedom and Equality have everything to do with the Houston Rockets.
    They are a sports team of a societyand country that is based on these values on their constitution.
    The Houston Rockets are a PART and a RESULT of Human Rights, Freedoms and Equality.

13. Buck Turgidson

You were all warned.

B-Bob and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why does the organization have rights when its not a living being? The rights come from the magna carta its called HUMAN rights. Call me when you give Mcdonalds a house and clothes.

Why should I stop following the Rockets what amazing political statement did the Rockets make? Morey is the only one who made a political tweet like I keep telling you Morey the person and Houston Rockets the organization are different entities so I dunno why Morey made the tweet but somehow the Houston Rockets are the one taking a stand for Hong Kong. I'm not even pro or against China and HK I have not done any research on the topic just like you and dont want to talk out of my ass unlike you.

15. fchowd0311

Are you a troll? Your logic is so inconsistent. Are you stating that Morey's opinion his is own or not? Are you paying for his salary or not with your league pass purchase?

Be logically consistent.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Domestic abuse and rape are crimes if you arent convicted of the crimes then how are you a domestic abuser or rapist? Isnt there something like innocent until proven guilty or am I missing something? Do you judge every suspected rapist and domestic abuser as guilty just becuase its hard to imprison them? As for people being ok with racists didnt the US just elect Trump as President or what? Dude ran on a platform to build a wall to keep Mexicans out...won as president in the US. I'm not exactly the one being ok with racists here lmao.

The Houston Rockets may be a result of freedom, justice and equality but its purpose isnt to uphold freedom, justice and equality. You can buy a big mac due to freedom, justice but it doesnt mean the big mac's purpose is to fight for freedom, justice and equality. The big mac's purpose is to get in your stomach and nowhere in the Rox's mission vision does it say it needs to fight for freedom and equality in all shape and form.

I still have no clue why you think the Rox are obligated to take a stand in the China-HK issue.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

You're the one logically inconsistent here.

Why do you keep talking about Morey when my original post never even mentioned Morey?

You're the troll here not me.

18. fchowd0311

What original post? My entire argument here is in defense of Morey.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

So you didnt even read my post? Then why are you arguing with me stfu

20. malakas

malakas Member

No, most domestic abuse and rape cases are dropped before they reach the final stages because the victim is scared or are turned to civil courts instead of criminal courts because it is extremely hard to get conviction that guarantees imprisonment in front of a jury. That doesn't make them innocent and they are still free to walk and play in the league. You are completely fine with support such players and people I take it?

What has Trump has to do with being okay with racism? Are you okay with it?

The Big Mac and YOU being able to buy it is a result of freedom. Every instance of your life, from the clothes you wear , from the job you have, from the car you drive and from what you eat is the result of the fight for freedom and human rights.

It's sad that you fail to understand and appreciate it.