1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE RYAN ANDERSON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Von Rafer, Feb 28, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why can't he make a layup or dunk or tip-in? I'm serious.

The struggle is real.

elmotsangtt and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Don't want to hear anything about BG or DJ "destroying" Houston's bigs

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It is genuinely amazing that he is better at 3's than layups. I'm not even exaggerating.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Worst finisher I've ever seen in the NBA.

kevtse likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Why does clutchfans.net hate Ryan Anderson so much?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. basketballholic

Not a big fan of Ryan Anderson.

Would not trade Ryan Anderson for Blake Griffin.

Make of that what you will.

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Ryan hump night

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's creeping up on Brewer level cringe when he tries do to anything with the ball besides catch and shooting.

His pump fake foul draw is almost decent, but the problem is when he doesn't draw it ( a lot) he end up taking 10 seconds to pass out. Finishing at the rim is horrendous.

9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is actually good at pump faking then stepping forward and shooting the long two. I think the team motto against long twos discourages him from doing this, but he is the one guy on the team who probably should. Anything is better than his spin move.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It is good when he draws the foul, problem is like 80% of the time when he attempts the fake he just doesn't draw the foul and ends totally stalling the offense and draining the clock without getting a shot attempt up. Not sure if the move is worth it because he doesn't pass out in a timely matter almost every time he doesn't draw the foul, he pivots 10 times just to pass out. So yeah he might get 2 or 4 free throws every other game from it but is it worth it? That's why its just a meh move for me.

11. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Road Ryno is a real thing, yes? It's just taking him longer than expected to acclimatise to TC.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

He had a good game last night, it seemed as if James was focused on getting him shots early. Yes, the layup and tip in attempts were horrific. I'm trending to calling him Brock Anderson or Ryan Osweiler! He is definitely not worth $18.6 mln per year, but hey it is what it is in today's NBA when there are others who do significantly less (Evan Turner-Portland) than Brock Anderson getting paid more by the minute.

I want him to play with confidence and keep shooting, when he stops our offense grinds to a halt. BTW, he's the easiest guard on the team, get in his face force him to put the ball on the floor going left, he's going to dribble once or twice and spin back to his right for a crazy looking layup, or the step back pump fake off one leg. Ryan Osweiler, please develop the ability go all the way to the bucket with your left hand and finish strong.

13. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Yea this dude doesn't get nearly enough criticism he smdeserves. ESPECIALLY with that max type contract that isnt a max in these labor rules but was previously.

This guy is soft as Charmin tissue but he'll smack a few 3s like he did against the clippers and everyone will let him slide. Screw that, the clippers game is inconsistent, I prefer a steady good 3 and D 4 like an Ibaka over this guy any day of the week.

We're doomed at the 4 come playoff time if he chokes.

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

BTW, somebody please tell him that GOD doesn't care about him making a 3 pointer. After every 3 he looks up as if to say thank you GOD. Please full stop!

Von Rafer likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He sure as hell did a great job pushing Blake and Deandre around last night. Amazed to see people criticizing him after that effort.

larsv8 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Because Mike D'Antoni only has him to shoot 3's. Ryan can play, he is an underrated post player, and can shoot midrange shots. But that's not what Murray and the Mike D'Antoni want. They want 3's!

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Bro, pay attention. The Rockets want to shoot 3's all the time because that's their priority. That is Murray's dream.

Joshfast likes this.
  19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Bro, I know you mean Morey, no disrespect.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty much the worst idea ever

kubli9 likes this.