1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE RYAN ANDERSON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Von Rafer, Feb 28, 2017.

1. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Ryno has been a surprise earlier this season but if he's not hitting his shot. A big liability. Doesn't defend or rebound. He's getting 20 mill. Need more out of him.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's what you think and if that's how you would put together your team that's fine. doesn't mean i have to agree because I don't

That's why team's are all built differently all across the board. For this team, you do need a stretch 4 to achieve spacing and clearly it does show levels of positive results.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I tell it every time....life is too short to spend it on hating....

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Actually we have sucked lately in part because our bullshit gameplan on offense and defense is getting figured out.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

and as usual there's a ton of typical knee jerk reactions after a loss. The rockets have stuck to the same philosophy all year. Whether you like it or not it's not changing.

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Nothing wrong with critiquing the terrible basketball that we have been playing for a while now. There actually is a problem or two with the way we are playing right now. It's costing us wins.

Von Rafer likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yea him not making his shots are a liability, but him not getting offensive rebounds, do u guys know how far away he's taking his 3s? It's to provide more space for harden to operate, u sacrifice stuff to get stuff. Granted his defense is also pretty spotty, if we had the best value player we wouldn't have this thread. Just saying some criticism unjustified

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We are soft as pudding

9. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I know it sucks that we lost last night, but I don't want to bash Ryan because of it. Ryan has more value that just shooting threes. He is always out on the perimeter, and that leaves the lane open for Harden and Capela/Harrell/Nene. Our offense would look much different if we had a more traditional #4. We wouldn't have the flow that we have, and arguably would be a worse team. I am not saying that Ryan is better than EGO (he's not), but to me it looks like the team has an easier time staying in rhythm when Eric has been out rather than vice versa. Any replacement for Ryan would have to be a better version of a stretch #4. I think that is why Harrell has to play #5 in this system. Harrell and a center at the same time would crowd the lane, and bog down this MDA offense. Ryan can play better, but I do not hate the guy.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, just having seen this thread and the "I have grown to HATE JAMES FRAUDEN" thread side-by-side, I stand corrected on the lower case advice for the player's name in the title. @swyyyguy is the original and still the best, accept no imitations. I defer to his infinite wisdom in crafting an effective thread title. I have grown to love swyyyguy. I'm serious. ;)

swyyyguy likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course not. but i do think at times losses are needed so these guys can actually learn or at least come back to earth. Whether the guys actually take the time to learn from mistakes will tell us a lot.

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Wait, is this a Jedi mind trick or are you really sticking up for a Mavs troll?

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

We need pat bev version of a big man

Von Rafer likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

pretty sure he said that he was a Rockets fan impersonating a Mavs fan who was impersonating a Rockets fan . . . and so on and so on and so on. Swyyy is the guyyy doing the Jedi mind tricks I think.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockets will never be tops in the NBA in 3 point %. We jack up too many contested threes for that.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sure. I don't expect Top 2-3 in the league. I also don't expect bottom 5 in the league. We have the personnel to be well in the Top 10 range. They're just not getting it done.

17. Tha_Dude

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I'm not sure what that means, Dude, except . . . could it be that swyyyguy is

Tha_Dude likes this.
  19. Tha_Dude

Damn, I wasn't going for crickets with that Exorcist post. I just thought it was funny. :D

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

We are like 6-2 in our last 8 games lol. Its unfair to say we suck lately