1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE NBA refs.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, May 2, 2018.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Im in the same boat. I still cant get over mavs game

2. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Anyone that thinks the calls didn’t change that game is a damn fool.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

How many fouls did gsw get in the 3rd?

How many fouls did the rockets get in the 3rd?

I remember mda with about 2 minutes left being irate at the refs saying we only got one foul?

I know @Clutch referenced it on Twitter. But does any one have the stats on it?

It was unbelievable how lopsided and inconsistent the officiating was.

This was bad.

4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Hard to feel the outcome is in the players hands with games like this

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Even neutral observers are going off on Twitter about how bad it was tonight. Clear as day what the league did tonight.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

All that driving that Harden was doing resulted in just 3 free throws! The other 6 were on 3 point fouls.

all that contact on almost every single 1 of his drives, and the refs all of the sudden act like they need LASIK because they can’t see a foul, but let KD get slightly brushed on his way to the rim and he’s at the line for 2

this is a disgrace of the highest order

7. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

Maybe years down the line, someone will come forward in a deep throat kind of moment and provide the evidence that will confirm what we all have come to know... the league wants a certain type of outcome in games of a certain importance. The officials that are assigned to certain games are instructed, prior to, of the expectations. Hard to win against 5 on 8.

htownrox1 and Sadboy like this.
  8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yeah I need a new hobby. This is just whatever.

Whatever.

daywalker02 and tehG l i d e like this.
  9. Mr Chuck Norris

I'm at the point where i din't even want to discuss sports with you if you DON'T think its rigged. Call me tinfoil hat or whatever, I can't deny whats staring at me right in the face

joshuaao, nacho bidness, JW86 and 6 others like this.
  10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

When media members like Wright, Cowherd, and others are saying the game is rigged you know it. That's why Harden laughed at the press conference. Everyone knows. The Rockets quit right before the end of the 3rd Q. People wondered why Gordon was so flustered that he missed the FTs but you could see him discussing it with others. He knew the game was over. They had no chance and the team quit after that. They scored 16 and 9 in the second half. No one believes that is real. Even worse they scored 22 in the 2nd Q. This went on starting in the 1st and ramped up after the 1st. Rockets had ZERO chance tonight. If not for the fouling Harden would have gone off for 50. Expect Foster Brothers Game 7.

Lawlruschang and pippendagimp like this.
  11. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

easily the type of game in which you bring Tarik Black in to commit a bunch of aggressive fouls at the end. Capela gets mugged nonstop by Draymond and Durant runs into Ariza's chest and it's a foul. Even unbiased NBA fans are taking notice on social media. Fortunately the refs were really bad in game 5 too (just not as bad as in game 6) and we still won.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

IT'S ON ME

BigO and arkoe like this.
  13. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

I don't know if it's worth posting another thread about this, but like I mentioned previously I was there and I don't think I saw an officiating job as egregiously one sided as I saw during tonight's game. I created a Twitter moment just to discuss it (sorry to self plug but I don't think it's practical to repost the entire thing.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1000588905643626496

But to summarize: it was bad. Truly bad. I don't know if they showed on TV Harden angry on the side line when he was pulled early in the fourth quarter, but he had a legitimate gripe. The play or two right before he went to the bench when he was driving to the basket he was clothslined. It wasn't just him doing his fake head bob, he was legitimately hit in the head by the GSW player.

That was just one of several bad calls by the referees tonight late in the 3rd quarter and early 4th. I'm not a fan whatsoever of blaming the refs because I know it's a difficult job, the conspiracy theories can get ridiculous, and it's just not fun saying that the Rockets lost because of bad officiating. But this was truly bad. Really, really bad.

I still believe the Rockets will do everything in their power to win on Monday, but the refs helped GSW get a Game 7. And I'm really frustrated that I have to say that.

14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Refs suck--ditto x the US Debt.

15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Boxscore shows Harden had 9 TO's.... I'd wanna know how many were a result of whistle swallowing - my guess off the top of my head would be at least 6-7. Harden should have easily had 16-18 FT's tonight. Gordon with another 6-8.

Unfortunately, when you look at the boxscore, you see 17 FT attempts and 16 fouls called on the Rockets vs 19 FT attempts and 17 fouls called on the Warriors. Narrative will be that "it was called fairly evenly. Just look at the boxscore".

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was just told by a carlton square who checked the boxscore "game was reffed perfectly, it's normal for GS to win they're better"

17. TheresTheDagger

This attitude is why we never get improvement in officiating.

Why is it that EVERY other aspect of professional sports is held to exacting standards in performance, but when it comes to officiating, it's like it's the sacred cow that can never be questioned? So weird.

Players, coaches, and executives lose jobs and money and even careers over poor performance. Why not officials?

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Bad officiating. Lots of ticky tacky fouls. We Are being hacked out there and the ref swallowed their whistle. you Slightly bump into a warrior player and you're called for a foul. those offensive fouls were bullshit. those refs tried really hard to put harden off his rhythm. And they make sure durant gets al the calls to get him off his shooting slump. Those refs better not call those **** on houston.

19. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Question is, what will the instructions be for Game 7?

Do they let them both play and may the best team win?
    Do they want GSW to win to continue the Lebron/GSW rivalry and GSW dynasty?
    Do they want HOU to win because the rest of the NBA is sick of watching The Finals with GSW in it?

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That is the only good thing, everyone called out the refs last night. Was pretty clear that they let GSW play a different brand of defense.

There's going to be a close eye on them for game 7 then. I mean they could just send Brothers in and that would F us over...but it's a lot harder for the refs to favor the warriors in game 7 after that mess.