1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JAMES FRAUDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 9, 2015.

?

Have you given up on James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

47.2%
  2. No, give him more time to be as good of a leader as T-Mac.

52.8%
  1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

^^Nice stat

Elite offense that hasn't quite maintained in the playoffs. That's the only question about his offense. ISO ball skills are elite and a constant highlight, just needs to pass a little more.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And look to finish more by actually cradling the ball close to his body and elevate instead of snapping his head back and flailing his arms.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

and also giving a damn on a consistent basis would be nice... jus sayin...

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

when is he gonna stop embarassing himself? defending this mug is getting old. and dwight. these guys need to hurry the **** up already.

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

The extension of his arms is one of the main reasons he gets fouled so often. Not sure that cradling the ball would have the effect you envision.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

True, his O rating declined last year in the playoffs - from 118 to a paltry 117.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It's crazy ppl actually think he didn't have a good playoffs??? He was 27/7/6 on 60% ts how is that not elite offense. I'm pretty sure he was number 1 in post season scoring or atleast top 3

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Pls enlighten me? I did read what you were replying too. I'm a rockets fan that's why I root for ding ding ding James Harden.....

So your saying that you didn't say "Change we to I" and that we must have a different opinion on what "talented" or "exciting" is?

Your right I just made that up smh.

Ppl like you are why this board sucks now. Everyone just wants to sand bag the players because the team has gotten off to a rough start.

I didn't see any of these threads about harden over the summer when we were looking like contenders on paper. If you felt this strongly about him why not speak up then? Prob because it didn't make sense 3 months ago.

You don't have to love anyone but if you can't see this man is extremely talented as a basketball player than nothing I say is going to change your opinion and that's fine.

But don't act like the so called I told you so crowd is any different from the ppl that still support Harden and want him to be successful. Only difference is my outcome is potentially more gratifying.

You guys go out of your way to tell anyone who thinks harden is a great player that he is not just like his supporters go back with facts showing he is great.

It's a result Based world and James hardens results since coming to Houston have actually been better than all but NBA players curry lebron any KD aside if we just want to go off team success and personal accolades. That's just facts brother.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His extending of arms and flailing are a large reason why he has astronomical turnover numbers this season. Defenses are timing their swipes better. I want him to try to attack the paint strong more often than just going to the paint for the sole purpose of drawing a foul. Just play basketball.

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

TOV rate this year: 15.9%
    14-15: 14.9%
    13-14: 15.0%

A 1% increase in TOV rate is significant but not astronomically higher; because the ball is in his hands more, the higher per game average is related to higher usage (33% this year vs. 31% last and 28% 13-14).

To your next point:

15-16 FTR: .564
    14-15 FTR: .561
    13-14 FTR: .552
    12-13 FTR: .592 (for fun, can't even begin to compare that team with ours)

His free throw rate is essentially unchanged. So I don't think that defenses have figured out how to stop fouling him, and that's reflected in his free throw numbers. In fact, his FTR is a big part of his efficiency this year when his shot hasn't been falling. And his arm extension is a big part of his getting fouled and getting to the line.

So in the absence of convincing information that he is actually turning over the ball a lot more this year because of arm extension and with convincing information that the arm extension is a big contributor to his high FTR, I think that you have to look elsewhere to identify the issues that have crept into Harden's game.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Okay since we've established how bad James Harden is and how we have to get this bum out of Houston, who do we call? Can't expect any teams to be lining up to sign him due to how obviously detrimental he is. Hasn't really done anything relevant for our team. So what will it take to get James Frauden out of this town?

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think we need to trade him and a 1st rounder for Jeremy Lin :p

13. DMO (DJ remix)

I don't know what will take to get Harden out of town, but i sure as hell i know what will take to get you out of my screen, an IGNORE list place for you, enjoy, batman.

1 person likes this.
  14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

So lucky to have this man, well played today Beard. Go rockets

15. badboy321

badboy321 Member

so every time the team loose a game, automatically blame the superstar?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Grew not to trust his guts, he is still a phenomenal player on O and stat padder tho

17. best4bkp

best4bkp Member

Harden -The Rockets kryptomnite

I start by saying I am not a James Harden fan. I haven't liked his game since his 1st season with us. How can I respect a guy who's whole offensive game is hog the ball for the majority of the shot clock, shoot the 3 (20x a game)or run into people...let me rephrase that, flop... just so he can get to the line? That's a punk way to play basketball. The head snapping back and the arms flailing, forcing his arms into the defender is just embarrassing. Play basketball like as man! So I believe Harden is our issue. He's a diva, lazy and a pouter. His effort on defense is more than embarrassing, its down right shameful. His man goes backdoor at least a half dozen times a game. He never boxes out for defensive rebounds and just watches as the ball literally hit the floor. Forget about him contesting anyone driving the lane. Its OLE time. How can his teammates not be effected by this? He's the proclaimed leader so if he doesn't give a damn, why should they?

I believe things changed for Harden and McHale in game 6 with LAC in last years playoffs. McHale sat 13 for the entire 4th quarter and watched as Smith and Brewer won the game. He hasn't been the same since. Game 7 he had 31 pts., but he shot 9/27 from the field, and was 15/18 from the line with 7 TOs.

And let us not forget that critical game 5 against the Warriors where he all but disappeared. 14pts and an NBA record 12 TO!!

You can tell a lot about someone by how they handle adversity. He whined about not getting MVP and instead of manning up against Curry, he proved why he was even lucky to mentioned in the MVP conversation. I would have hoped for a more Olajuwan response to not getting the trophy when Olajuwan made everyone know they made a mistake and schooled Robinson. What's even more frustrating his he knows everyone talks about this effort and selfishness, but instead of trying to improve, he rather make excuses. I couldn't' believe he could say with a straight face that playing too many minutes is the reason he doesn't put effort into defense (selfish).

3 people like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You don't TRADE Harden - you motivate him to at least give SOME effort on defense.

DD

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

if getting ripped night in and night out by the media/public and on top of that losing doesn't motivate him, what exactly will

20. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I think last year, he was motivated because he was in the MVP race, an award he REALLY, REALLY wanted to win. (Or maybe just beat Curry, I don't know.)

Since he's not in the race this year, he's kind of calling it quits.