1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE Danuel House Jr.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Mar 15, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Leveon Bell or Faried?

Oh I meant House or Faried?

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Watch that w**** mouth of yours. Not tolerating any disrespect towards the messiah

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Ehhh

Feigen is a team mouthpiece .

I don't trust a word out of his mouth when it comes to things like contract negotiations or Lux tax saving .

Plus ,if you look at the wording it still says "house demanded"

There is nothing in there about the rockets actually trying to offer any MLE . Only that .... "house demanded" the full .

So I still think the rockets never made an MLE offer (partial or , of course full )

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I wonder what Clutch knows, cause he knows

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

For sure .

I think bill and bull and Craig have colored my understanding of events . No reason for the announcers to make comments about paying House if the rockets did in fact offer some of the MLE .... because that's a reasonable offer and if House declines then oh well .

Also , I think in the piece you linked .... I would have expected feigen to go into more detail about how much of the MLE was offered .

In terms of PR (I dunno how much rox care about this , but I think tilman does ) .... if the rockets made any MLE offer (say an addition million each year ) .... then there is an incentive to leak that negotiation (or make other aware of the offer )

1) it makes House look like the bad guy for turning it down

2) other teams know you are serious about keeping him .

3) the next two way player that comes through knows if he plays well we might lock him up long term on a similar deal .

For the record . I think at the time , and maybe even now .... offering full MLE to house was too rich .

For a guy with a small sample size , to give him a 3/12 is a leap of faith .

But I thought there was room in the 3/6 to 3/9 range that both sides could have been happy with .... then comes the whole Lux tax thing ... and that option kinda falls off the table .

We will have to see how things transpire ; but depending on how well these guys play for us in the playoffs , it's gonna be hard to keep rivers , farried , and house

The good news is we have FULL rights to shumpert , so we are in no danger of losing him without having a chance to match .

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I think the value of Shumpert will show in the playoffs
    He's got the most experience of that group

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm not confident projecting anything at this point .

Shumpert definitely needs more games ... and he's only got 12 to get the chemistry down .

I could see shumpert being great , I could see him getting benched

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Bump.

Guy might had a few good games recently but seriously, He reminds me of Terence William's little nephew.

Horrid player.

D-rock likes this.