1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE Danuel House Jr.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Mar 15, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kid you realize that moron has a delete button that can delete you off this board

respect the crew

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Terence Williams Part 2

3. Voltik

Voltik Member

If CF had filters to block out threads and post for “Danuel House”, there still would be intolerable amount of posts and threads with “Danuel” and “House”. It’s getting beyond ridiculous.

Imagine the heartbreak and uproar when in the off-season he leaves because Tillman will not pay.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. opticon

opticon Member

House has great chemistry with Harden. If Harden deciedes that House needs to be on the this team he will get the MLE. Farried and Rivers are good role players but House has tremendous upside in our system.

Hakeemtheking and Houstunna like this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We need a positive vibes thread for Danuel House.

Smacktle, Houstunna, J Sizzle and 3 others like this.
  6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Never trust homers on this site.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

Every year clutchfans won't shut the hell up about a player...this year it's House.
    I have learned to IGNORE these threads and just watch the game.

8. LUK3

LUK3 Member

If you don’t like Danuel then I hate you.

:)

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No. There is no comparison. Its ridiculous.

10. shlhl

shlhl Member

Unfornately, one day this thread might be real and relevant to him. Hopefully, he can be amazing splash we need during playoff.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Here's the thing about Danuel House...

I've been watching the Rockets (and the NBA) since before many of you were born. Like, WAY before. And I can count on two hands the number of times I've seen a fringe NBA player morph overnight into a productive starter-level contributor on a championship contender. There are many more instances of someone in that situation having an amazing run of a couple dozen games, then shrinking back to his "real" self. Jeremy Lin actually dominated during his short stretch with the Knicks, in the most high-pressure venue in the entire NBA. But with guys who weren't high draft picks and who bounce from team to team for a few years, you have to judge those great runs on a different scale because they might turn out to be fools' good (like Lin).

So it's not that I dislike House or think Shumpert's better or whatever. It's just that I still haven't seen enough of House to totally convince me that he can maintain this level of play for a number of years (or improve on it, for that matter). I have to say that for him to rejoin the team last night and seamlessly step in and contribute to the win was encouraging. Danuel shook off all of the nonsense and made a statement that he does indeed belong. If he continues to play like this for the rest of the season, I'm pretty sure Morey will do what he can to keep him around.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Nailed it.

Smacktle and topfive like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Welcome to 2019 America, everyone!

Smacktle likes this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

I have suggested that Morey paid him minimum this year and 6 million for next two years.
    42% of you don't like it because of cap and sample size.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't disagree with you in general , just have to point out that it was LT savings that drove the decision to not convert him earlier.

I don't know if I blame Morey for that or if he was just carrying out marching orders from above … Notice he was brought back at the first opportunity to do so without going over the tax line. Had that date been sooner , I believe Morey would have brought him back sooner. So that leads me to believe that Morey wasn't intentionally strong arming him to "tank his value" , that was just a result of the financial constraints he had to work with.

Gotta put the blame on the person who gave the orders to avoid the tax and that isn't Morey - No way he makes that Knight / Shumpert deal limiting himself next season and costing himself the picks involved if he didn't have orders from above - that was about as Anti-Morey as it gets. He's the guy who collects assets , not throws them away.

Also , Morey didn't "cut his pay" by bringing him back on a two way , he was already on a two way before being cut to sign Clark , he was brought back on the same type of contract he had been waived on.

Luxury Tax Savings ….

jordnnnn and s3ts like this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't get the haterade against House.

This kid has been good for a team that was fully desperate to find a replacement for Ariza and Mba a Moute. With the ups and downs that the role players are having this season, I think it is a good thing we find someone who can fit into this system well and contribute to the team.

The fiasco with the contract made him unlikeable for a lot of fans... But, do you hate Ariza? How would you like to be treated like an asset? How about missing out on JJ Reddick?

I honestly think players are just being fair to the organization. If you build up a reputation and the players talk against you, you really should do some self reflection. Nothing wrong with it, it's just part of life and we all go through reality checks.

Cap space problems aside, House has shown me promise, more than the stupid experiments we had with Melo, MCW, Knight, even Gary Clark. And therest nothing wrong with that.

Lets see where the road goes, but feelings tell me he will not be a Rocket next season anyway whether he's out on his ass or getting pivked up with someone else.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's actually very simple: There is no haterade against House.

Literally nobody on ClutchFans hates Danuel House.

Some people, in their zeal to prove how right they were about House, have accused anyone less zealous of hating him. That's not the case in reality. Though there are lots of opinions about what his upside is, probably everyone here likes him, thinks he's earned a spot on the team, and wants to see him do well.

No hate at all. Like non.

Hakeemtheking, J Sizzle and HP3 like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

"Hate" is defined quite loosely on CF. Basically, if you think that a player is a "scrub," "garbage," or something to that effect, or if you keep arguing that the guy is NOT as good as the general consensus, you "hate" that guy. When define as such, there are plenty of people hating on House. :)

Smacktle, s3ts, topfive and 1 other person like this.
  19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I get what you're sayin - and its plausible...

but while I'm no Bima Thug... i gotta wonder if converting House earlier (and thus opening the slot of the cheaper 2way contract) would have allowed us to sign some rando to the cheaper 2 way deal... and we'd being paying House his standard min deal instead of spending min 10 day standard contracts on Nunnally, Terrence Jones, Chiozza...?
    and couple all of that with the org statement that they didnt want to 'reward players on 2way contracts by converting them and allowing them to use us as a springboard for a better off season offer from other other teams...' and I gotta think it was calculated...

and maybe I'm wrong... but I thought Clark and Edwards were our 2 2way contracts - with House on a standard contract... which is why Morey had to waive House to open the reg contract slot to sign Clark to a longer standard contract... and then he re-signed House to Clarks vacated 2 way slot... and I believe a 2way contract min is cheaper than a standard min contract - hence my assumption that it was a paycut...

I could be wrong... but these are my reads on the nuances...

20. jowman

jowman Member

Maybe I'm taking it a bit too literally but have you read the title of this thread? Think the all caps in HATE emphasizes it.

s3ts likes this.