1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE Danuel House Jr.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

He should be paid what he's worth moron, not "what would be enough to take care of his family". What kind of stupidity is that?

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

We are automatically homies on certain levels due to Rockets love.

Still though, it seems Tilman should've just found a way to make House happen.

That said.... '19 Rockets Champion isn't voided due to previous happenings.

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Thank you for sharing.

ChumpCity likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

That’s a big ole leap you are taking, sheesh.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

I’m not about money, or Tilman, or money, or Morey.

I’m about ball, I liked House, I was the first one to say this dude needs to be in the rotation when he played for us in Washington

What I have a problem with is people thinking the difference between failure and success for our team and that’s not true. Dont put those expectations on him.

Also he’s not better than Tucker no one ever say that, ever.

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

You can see James Harden trusts him. What else needs to be said

s3ts, bballjunkie and fattz like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't really think they made a mistake so much as House just wasn't going to get locked in for peanuts when he's clearly outplaying a minimum contract (small sample size or not).
    They are simply two sides with different financial priorities and sadly only one can get the desired outcome.
    Would be great for the team to have him locked up for 3 years on a minimum , would be great for House to get market value for his production.
    House was holding the cards that allowed him to bet on himself & he chose to do just that. I cant blame him for it and don't blame Morey for trying to get him on a team friendly deal.

The fans mad at once side or the other …. don't see both sides of the coin , they say he isn't that good or doesn't deserve a bigger contract … Others that Morey should have given him more. What we don't know is how much he was asking for if at all , its quite possible that Morey did offer more - What we do know is that he wanted to become an RFA.

We'll have to wait for the offseason to see how this whole mess plays out ….

No , House isn't a superstar nor is he a scrub - he's just a solid role player that fits this team very well.

RayRay10 and fattz like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Cant argue with that …. House is a superstar , trade Harden and max him out!
    House is greedy , he should take that minimum and like it!
    House is a scrub only getting stats because of Harden!

He cant just be a pretty good player who fits the team and moves the needle in a positive direction.

Aint much common sense in this entire argument among the two factions of fans.

RayRay10 and Easy like this.
  9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

no disrespect... but I dont understand your view...

I think most every player that logs minutes in the playoffs can be the difference between success and failure on any given night - and that could potentially swing a series... heck if any player plays 3 mins and the game in decided by 3 points - whether that guy goes 0-2 or 2-2 can be the difference between winning and losing... right?

Obviously our stars need to perform or we're dead in the water and the role players aren't going to save us...
    but beyond that, I think in many games its the role players that can be the difference makers...
    obviously Hardens 40 pts or CP3's 15 assists are a much greater factor between winning and losing...

but as I basically said the other day... when you're trying to win a championship you have to maximize every opportunity afforded you - bc any one of those opportunities could be the difference maker...

Thats why I go batsh#t when our team does stupid things... like not utilize the the shot clock ddepending on whether we're ahead or behind in the last quarter... bc that kinda stuff can also be the diff between winning and losing a game - and swinging a whole series...

knowhutamean... :)

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont fault Morey for trying to tie house up on a longer cheap deal - shrewd business move... I think where he messed up was letting him languish in the d league after House didnt bite on the peanuts deal....

Here you had a hometown product who Morey took a gamble on... Great! Points for Morey!
    Then he waives him to convert Clark... that had to be a stinger... Not great... but its business and Clark was willing to take the long term peanuts deal...
    Then brought him back on a cut rate 2 way contract.... Ehhh... call it a wash... cut his pay but Morey is still the only guy offering him a contract...
    But then the refusal to convert him - after logging starter minutes - while we were short handed... that just struck me as a strong arm tactic trying to take advantage of the guy - and willing to tank his value to get what we wanted... Morey lost major points there...

I wish it had been handled different... Had Morey converted him earlier... He could have played the 'we were the only team that believed in you...' and 'we've always been about helping you succeed..' and try to play up the whole H-town proud angle - seems to work with GG...lol

But no... Morey let House know in no uncertain terms - its a business - and he's an asset Morey will leverage to get what he wants...

I dont have high hopes on retaining him...

Houstunna, Easy and fattz like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Murry was prob hoping House would bite in the D-League, but he stashed him for LTS as consolation.

I'll consider him expendable if we don't win it all.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Silliness. Let it go. Hope he continues to perform and get paid next season.

bballjunkie likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think Danuel House is a complete r****d?

A child wouldn’t buy this logic to stay in Houston. Morey going to use reverse psychology to keep him? Sheesh...

He is going to stay for a combination of money, family and opportunity. Nothing has changed or will change that.

14. xaos

xaos Member

House is a professional basketball player for the Houston Rockets. Prove me wrong

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure. House was never this good when playing for Phoenix.

16. fattz

fattz Member

Random thought:

Looking at House’s past he looks to have commitment issues. Is it possible that DM played the player by having House play the best basketball of his life (for a big contract for HIMSELF) at just the right time of the year(for the TEAM)? House’s past shows he is drama and likes to show the world what he is worthy of. The cap is the main reason but by House’s management team’s statements earlier in the year _> waiting will make us the most money... & DM statement our goal is to be at full strength at season’s end... was this DM’s plan & timing all along?

Would House lie down after being paid? His actions do seem self serving. IDK. We are in a win now mode. At this moment, we are in a win/win with and for House and can’t lose for the Rockets (just talking about this playoff run).

Summary:
    DM has pulled a rabbit out of somewhere
    —> Ariza is like ex-girlfriend, good times & only the best but better things are happening now and we literally couldn’t have paid less.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is the new Jeremy Lin

Rocket River

18. HP3

HP3 Member

You’re right, but you could say it for any role player on our team. You might even be able to say it for Gary, which again is prolly your point haha. My problem is I just think it’s stupid that people are being like ”WE NEED HOUSE” after losing to GS and acting line there weren’t other problems during that game or any other game. Or that they act like he’s this super important piece when we just went 9-1. It’s just lazy as hell to me. I’m happy he’s doing well and I hope he is super valuable but there are gonna be some games where he’s not, and it could be a stretch of games and that’s ok. I would just like people on here(not you) to teper their expectations. This place has kind of acted like he’s our only hope and frankly it’s annoying. Especially that Green Vs House vs Tucker thread.

kjayp and Rocket River like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

These are the same fans that wanted to pay Luc anything to keep him
    Ariza 15 million
    Which would have meant no House/Faried /Rivers or potentially Capela...

So excuse me if fans money spending habits are highly suspect.

House is here now. ...if he leaves after a champion ship.......I don't think replacing him will be impossible
    Won't make me happy but ...it is what it is

Rocket River

jordnnnn, RayRay10, kjayp and 2 others like this.
  20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I have grown to HATE D-Douse