1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have found our best trade scenario for what we need now (Perimeter Defense)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Nov 25, 2013.

1. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks has proven to be a 19 ppg scorer consistently in the NBA during the course of a whole season and after that he really hasn't had a chance to get steady playing time. Jumping from team to team. In order to make the trade work Lin has to go along with Asik. Brooks is much shorter than Lin but its not like Lin is a back to the basket player in the post anyways.

2. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Defense is a team function, not something that a single guy can be brought in to fix. Defense takes time, chemistry, effort and players and coaches who focus on it.

This team is young and most of all they haven't had enough time playing together yet. Defense will get better as team chemistry improves. There is no need to make any trades to fix a problem that isn't a personnel issue.

The most troublesome problem that this team has right now is that we don't have any leadership. We need a real team leader to step up. Until that happens, we will continue to turn the ball over, continue to give up easy baskets, continue to blow leads and lose games we should've won. Its that simple.

3. Jovial

Jovial Member

As LOF, I wish LIN could be traded to bulls:)

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lin attracts money for Les so it won't be easy to trade him.

5. bws

bws Member

Seriously, any talk of trading Lin is a turn-off in my opinion. Don't want him traded, even for Rondo who I personally don't like or support. Don't want another point guard, let Lin develop. Conley is so good and he had 1 point on 0-9 in 17 minutes, but his coach let him play on. Lin gets torched by Anderson. Come on, other point guards get torched too and sometimes by lesser players having a hot night. Lin has everything you want in a player in the locker room and on the court. Trade talks that include Lin, Howard, Parsons or Harden are just absurd and guys just talking trade for the sake of it. Basically when posters say they want to have the core of another team replace the core of the Rockets, they want the other team. If the guys you have play their best collectively and it is not good enough, trade. But they are far from that now.

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I don't think you can say Aaron is a consistent 19ppg scorer when he only did it for one year and that year he was the primary ball handler and 1st option. I get that he hasn't had the same opportunity but to think he will be remotely the same player like that is crazy. If people still thought he was that kind of player, he would be starting for other teams. He is probably a good back up or spark off the bench guy but being a consistent 16 ppg threat is not very likely and that's what Lin is producing now.

7. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I think you're at the wrong website. Lin has his own website feel free to post there instead.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Someone suggest a random trade (that had been suggested about a million times before) but the trade this time included Jeremy Lin........

Therefore it naturally goes 20 pages in 24 hours I'm sure.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=242346

And unless you are getting one of Butler, Mirotic, or the Charlotte 1st rounder along with Deng there is no need to include Lin. You can simply wait till Dec 15th to include the salary of one of your vet players like Casspi & include Canaan to make salaries match.

That's giving up a ton of value just for Deng who is a nice player that fits what Houston is trying to do, but isn't worth giving up your 2nd best perimeter player & probably the leading 6MOY candidate in the league if you had to vote today.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Deng should start... He's light years better on defense than Parsons, probably offensively too. Parsons should be the 6th man... But I doubt Chicago would give us both Deng and Jimmy Boy... Tony Snell would be a good prospect to get back from them along with Deng... Defensive catch and shoot guy....

10. Remii

Remii Member

Throw Tony Snell on that list... He may be just as good a pickup as Charlotte's 1st round pick because that team may make the playoffs or barely miss it... But may be able to get Deng, Tony, and Charlotte's pick tho... Asik and Lin may be worth that to them in the situation they are in because there's a chance Rose may never be the same.

11. bongman

bongman Member

So sad:( Why would any fan want their fave player to go from a team that has a chance to contend to a shipwreck like Chicago. If they think that fragile Lin can't handle Mchale's treatment, they would explode when they see coach Thib go off on him every single night.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The guy who was drafted as a 3 point shooter but just last night hit his first 3 point shot of the season?? Snell looks like a good prospect, but if you're trading Lin AND Asik, you need some value back that you can count on.

The only reason why I even mentioned the Charlotte first rounder & Mirotic is because it would be like getting store credit you could use later. You get Snell instead of one of those and you are taking a risk that he pans out in the NBA. The pick & Mirotic can be flipped and have great value for future deals.

That being said, not sure why Butler, Mirotic, the Charlotte 1st, and Snell are even being discussed here. If the Bulls are trading Deng, Boozer, etc. THEY are the ones wanting all the young talent and draft picks they can get... the Rockets are the ones that actually need the players to compete ASAP. that sure as hell isn't a factor very many people here are considering.

13. basketballholic

How much better would Deng be on this team than Ilyasova would be?

14. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Immensely

He is better at everything including team defense and he is one of the best individual defenders in the league

My only concern in acquiring deng is that he is a Starter

Who would come off the bench parsons or deng. I have a feeling with parsons league high minutes played per game that could mean omir asik 2.0

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I wouldn't trade Lin right now

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Brooks is not the same player he was when he scored 19ppg. Not even close. As for now Lin is a much better player than AB.

I wouldn't trade both Lin and Asik unless we are getting a legit superstar in return. Lin is already playing at a borderline all star level this season and Asik is a top 5 defensive center in the NBA.

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It's not as big a factor as people think. Also, focusing on Lin's marketing value ignores the fact that he's legitimately good.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, that guy _ Snell... He's just a rookie so I won't crucify him for not playing like an All Star in the 1st 15 games or so of his career. I just think he's the guy Chicago would be willing to part with amongst their youngsters. Swing man G/SF and Chicago drafted him because of his defensive ability and they know what they are doing when it comes to that. Possible back up for Harden or replacement for Garcia if he leaves after this season.

And I did say they may can get Deng, Charlotte pick, and Snell... Jimmy would be my first choice but I seriously doubt they let him go... With Rose may end up being like Brandon Roy _ Chicago could REALLY use Lin to keep people coming to the stadium. And looking at it that way _ the Rockets may can get Deng, Snell, and Mirotic... It's not like they spent high draft picks for those guys and Deng is on his way out...

Chicago is not a free agent destination and getting a top 10 center and a dynamic guard maybe something they consider

19. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Member

JIMMY BUTLER IS HURT AND WE HAVE 4 SF's ALREADY. HARDEN JUST NEEDS TO MOVE HIS LAZY A** ON OFFENSE AND DEFENSE. LIN IS OUT BEST ALL AROUND PG

20. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

I'm gonna be realistic and say that Harden isn't going to turn into an all defensive team shooting guard in the next couple of years. So we must compensate for that somehow. Deng is the solution to that.

We are not getting a superstar for Asik and Lin you guys can put that nonsense to bed.

Portland has Lillard so they have no need for Lin. So no LMA unless he signs outright therefore we need Lin off the books.

Minnesota has Rubio so they have no need for Lin. So no K. Love unless he signs outright therefore we need Lin off the books.