1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have found our best trade scenario for what we need now (Perimeter Defense)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Nov 25, 2013.

1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

so how about we trade for Rose while we at it. Throw in Chandler, we get Rose and Deng

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

How do you know that's he's LOF?Oh I see because 13'ers,so how about you?what are you?HOF,BOF, this is what's wrong w/ the fans that branded other fans.

3. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

I almost felt compelled to put the year I started watching the rockets in because I joined in 2013. Otherwise I will be branded a LOF based on join date. Which is horrible!

4. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

5. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Make sure you don't say anything nice about lin since you are a 2013er. You're a lof unless proven otherwise. A picture of you at a rockets game wearing a rockets jersey pre-Lin would be helpful, and go a long way in establishing your credibility.

1 person likes this.
  6. TheDr34m

7. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

8. fqy1000

fqy1000 Member

It's crazy to trade JLin+Asic for a no All-Star

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

No way they are giving up Butler, they think of him as a franchise piece and he is a very good two way guard. And the salaries of Lin plus Asik don't equal Deng and I wouldn't want Deng anyway. Who knows, we might be able to get Deng in free agency for the MLE. But no to that trade.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

11. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

You all think Chicago will blow it up and rebuild after this?

12. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

i think lin wud be hinrichs back up but hell get 20 mins a game

13. TheDr34m

You are crazy. Lin is playing really well with the injury to Rose they would be honored to have a quality point guard like Lin starting for them. Heinrich is washed up and can't even sniff Jeremy Lin's socks.

14. KlutchQT

No way Hinrich would start over Lin. I'd start Nate Robinson over Hinrich at this point.

15. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

OP totally hijacked this idea from me. I posted this same scenario in one of the Omer Asik trade threads yesterday afternoon.

Deng + filler (if Lin included in trade) FOR Omer + Lin (if Bulls demand a starting PG in return).

I want my brownie points now. :grin:

/s

In all seriousness though, after seeing Brooks play tonight & how Lin was one of our few scoring options till the 4th quarter, I think we need to keep Lin.

I still like the option of Deng, but maybe for Asik plus a filler. And I might be wrong, but Brooks has a no trade clause & Garcia, a personal option in 2nd year, so I'm not sure they can work as trade fillers. That leaves filler options to Bev, Casspi, GSmith, TJones, etc... And depending on how much Bulls want a PG traded in the deal & how much Morey values Bev, Lin might just make the trade package. But I do like the addition of Deng!

16. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

You must not watch the Bulls a lot. Hinrich is a good defensive PG though, I'll give him that.

17. TheDr34m

I still have my old school Olajuwon jersey and VHS tapes of Clutch and double clutch championship videos and hakeem the dream video. Plus I still might have the old school championship shirts with all the rockets players faces (with huge heads) at my parents house. Plus some pictures of us at the first rockets championship parade and also pictures with a young matt bullard at the airport who we ran into in the summer when we both were flying to Cancun for vacation.

I should actually be classified a 92er. *sigh* oh well.

18. KlutchQT

There's a thread where a potential Deng trade was being discussed last week, and someone posted something where league sources said CHI wouldn't want Asik back -- such that there would need to be a 3rd team involved. Not sure if DRose going down changes anything in that regard, but ijs.

19. TheDr34m

I didn't see anyone mention Deng. But since you said you did.

Props to you for thinking about this trade. It would give us what we are lacking.

20. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Asik as a backup in Chicago is not the same as Asik being a backup here.

In Chicago, he and Gibson would close many games in crunch time over Noah & Boozer. He was incredibly important to that team and his talent on the defensive end was utilized correctly.

Thibs knows how to get 100% out of Asik, Mchale has no idea what to do with him. He probably thought this was NBA 2k early in the season and two 90 defensive rating players would = better defense {I'm joking}.

It's not so much about minutes, as it is how important and needed you are to the team.

In the Rockets' case, he's not so important anymore with Howard here, or so we think....