1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have faith in both, Tilman and Daryl

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 29, 2019.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

nobody trusts tillman but still going to give the benefit of the doubt.

I know your gut tells you otherwise (guess what?your gut is probably right!) but its too early to call.

This is tilmanns big chance. To be fair I was initially excited about the fishermens platter with crab balls. we all know how that went but I do miss the coconut shrimps..speaking of which we should hire detlef shrimps as hc

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Tilman lied AGAIN. They didn't offer $5m fully guaranteed.

At this rate, he has almost never not lied in a public statement.

This guy is actually making me miss LES ALEXANDER.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

He did not lie. He and mda love to mislead people.
    Tilman has never planned to save tax, it was accident.
    Both are talking champ next year., Misleading.
    47 wins is likely bc of benches.

#63 BigBum, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

White Lie, Red lie, lies of all colors......sickening.

Half truths, quarter truths.....

mikol13 likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

However, I have no faith in T-Mac who keeps talking **** on air about the Rockets during the finals.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The cost cutting moves were really made after they had already signed Rivers / Faried , aside from moving Anderson & letting Ariza and Moute walk.
    Sending MCW out the door and punting on Melo until they could shed his contract ? .… still could have signed Rivers / Faried either way. They were minimum signings.

The cost cutting …. Ryno>Knight>Shumpert / not spending the MLE …. those were obvious get below the tax moves that hurt them beyond the end of the season in terms of ability to accommodate incoming salary and with so much of the roster on expired contracts , that's gonna make life difficult.

That unused MLE …. highly annoying. Could have just paid House and saved yourself dealing with the potential of losing him or having to spend this years MLE to keep him.

None of those are "typical Morey moves" they are ass backwards from Morey moves - He turns a nickel into a quarter into a dollar …. not giving away assets to save a few bucks.

Unless they shed CP3 we're likely to see a similar offseason to last years with a bunch of minimum signings and hope like hell they outperform those contracts or pray for someone useful to shake loose on the buyout market.

Its fairly obvious that Morey can work minor miracles with the cap …. and acquire talent fairly easily. He's got my confidence.

That owner on the other hand - telling me one thing and doing another …. Not so much. He's going to have to show me by spending the bucks , not ducking tax lines. So far … Not so good.

snowconeman22 and Shark44 like this.