1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate trade season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 19, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well you maybe.

;)

DD

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Says the person that was infatuated with:
    - VSpan
    - Patterson
    - Brooks
    - Budinger
    - Parsons

Morey is infinitely smarter than you have ever proved to be.

3. DaDakota

Please notice the winky guy.

DD

4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Sorry, don't see it on my phone for some reason.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

QFT.

What I can't stand is the constant speculation of trades on CF.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Back in the day, to explain the "constant speculation," I coined the phrase "Dreamcasting" when the Nintendo Dreamcast first came out and we still had Dream. haha

7. rocketshopeful

Sega not nitendo. Cmon!
    Jk

8. NotChandlerParsons

This is the same damn thing. Now that we're up against the cap, we won't have as much roster turnover.

9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Agree 100% with DD. Player turnover rate is so high, it feels like this team is a revolving door sometimes.

All credit where it's due to Morey & Co. for putting together competitive rosters and all, just sad to see players come and go so fast.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Source?

11. NotChandlerParsons

Any time this happens, you should re-evaluate what you're doing with your life. Interventions, AA meetings, becoming religious.

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I think Maurice did what he had to do! After the Yao/Tmac era we were stuck with a plethora of average players that resembled the "Box of Chocolates" Forrest Gump eluded to, you didn't know what/how they were going to play in any given night! I also think the Maury realizes that he IS at the cusp of entering the promised land (assembling a title contender) and will start cutting back with his musical chair approach! He could've reached and overpaid for any of the fancy names that were being mentioned at yesterdays trading deadline, but I'm pretty sure he realizes that each move that he makes NOW, has a greater impact on the team and won't gamble as much! Unless a true Superstar becomes available (every blue moon) we are going to see a more palatable Moory, making tweeks (not twerking) to the roster.

13. DaDakota

Just think if you are a player and traded to Houston, might as well not buy a house. Heck we shedded Shved in what? Two months?

DD

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Everyone's an armchair capologist/fantasy GM nowadays.

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

ZERO point when you don't have a team that can contend. Morey did not feel that Harden can contend with just Howard. Players come and go, because you have to maintain an actual roster, but until we get a core that our FO feels can contend, you WILL see players going in and out. This is just the nature of the business.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Canaan was never a part of the core of this team.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Players expect this when they are not stars or foundation players. Role players are never safe from being moved. Don't know why you are still making a big deal about this.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Those two months felt like an eternity! The couple of times that McHale tried using him he was awful. Even though he was brought in specifically for his expiring contract, they decided to bench him and play a 37yr old point guard who has a hard time guarding anybody. Regarding player movement, I understand what you are trying to say, the Rockets (because of Morey ) have a reputation of being an elevator where people keep going in and out, but those days are coming to an end sooner than you think. On a side note, I think Canaan wasn't giving a fair shot! Why? I don't know, but I hope McHale wasn't holding him back out of spite, the guy more than held his own when Bev was out.