1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate to say it but...with Kevin Martin as our SG we win that ballgame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, May 4, 2013.

1. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Yeah 26 vs. 25 points might fool some amateur statisticians, but a DETAILED statistical analysis reveals:

-Kevin Martin took 9 fewer shots and 3 fewer free throws to get his 25. Granting that Harden had one more point, that's a 10 possession difference.

-Kevin Martin had 3 fewer turnovers

-Swap these two players and the Rockets go up by 13 possessions, the Thunder go down by 13 possessions. For all of you statistically challenged clutchfans, that's a 26 possession swing!

-The nine point differential between the Rockets and Thunder would have been easily erased by 26 possessions.

Takeaway: Morey fails again, trading the consummate efficient moneyball player for someone who is all flash but takes too many shots to get his points. Graphs to come.

2 people like this.
  2. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

agreed!!! :cool:

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

If we still have Kevin Martin, I would be talking about Nerlen Noels right now.

Or in another scenario, our offseason would've started several days ago since Martin went like 1-10 in the last game.

Martin disappeared in the second half. 4 pts I think. Typical Martin.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

stats without context are meaningless.

Hint : 1 team had a guy getting doubled or leaning off their man to try and cut off lanes, leaving him open the shots, the other was the guy being collapsed on.

1 person likes this.
  6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Clutchfans where idiots come to post

1 person likes this.
  7. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Martin won the game for OKC

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

9. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Harden is a player designed to do it all. Martin is a consistent efficient scorer but more of a really good one trick poney. If you want to rebuild you go with harden 10 times out of 10

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

What happened to the fearless Harden who drove to the basket and earned his free throws? He seems to always be mad at the refs. He throws the ball back at them to give him a better pass for his free throws. He doesn't run back when he gets fouled and turns the ball over. I think he lets poor officiating take him out of game too easily. I remember when Tracy didn't get calls on the drive he answered with a lethal mid range game. And if he got fouled he would make threes. And he lead the league in four point plays because players had to foul in order to stop him even on his jumpers.

He's still young, but he needs to learn the officials aren't always going to give him every call. Maybe he realizes his only answer could lead to a dangerous injury. If he drives and attacks every game he increases his chance of getting hurt. He wants another max contract after this one. He's still young.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

uhhhhhhhhhh.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: This has GOT to be a joke.
    The Rox are not even in this game if Martin was the SG because they wouldn't be in the playoffs. What's up with the Harden hate tonight, good grief!!!:mad::mad: This time last year most of the Rox fan base were desperate for star player and now that we have legit star, all this ****ing complaining and now longing for ****ing Kevin Martin??? I'm going to bed....

13. coffeelover665

If we had Kevin Martin, our off-season would've started a week ago

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

That's it, i give up. Love this team but i hate this site right now. I have to leave.

15. rocketblood713

and would lost the games before this one with his 1-10 game lol

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

With Martin as our shooting guard we'd be picking 14th & not in the playoffs.

...& I'm a K-Mart fan.

17. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

If Kevin Martin was our SG then with the 14 pick in the 2013 NBA draft the Houston Rockets select......

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Martin is soft, but I think he received a lot of undeserved criticism from Rockets fans. It's not his fault he was the best player on the roster.

Anyways, we gave Atlanta the best possible pick they could have received (considering we finished 8th in the WC) in a weak draft.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

sorry you did not use your Brain

Martin is a 6th man now... right where he belongs