1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate to criticize JVG...BUT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blake, Mar 12, 2006.

1. terse

terse Member

(Emphasis added.) So you're saying that on a hurting team, Rybo would either be useless or actually harmful. If that is so, what good is he? Why is he hogging a roster spot? Nobody from the NBDL, CBA, or even from China would help us more than Rybo? I'm sorry, I find that hard to believe.

2. terse

terse Member

Hey, you're figuring out JVG. That's isn't allowed here! ;)

3. hnjjz

hnjjz Member

Now that T-Mac is out and Bogans is starting, who should get the backup SF minutes? Wesley's injury makes our SF situation even worse because Bogans may need to spend time at the SG as well since Head and Brunson are not strong enough to guard a lot of the SGs in this league (e.g. Vince Carter, whom we get to play against tonight). Although I don't enjoy watching Ryan Bowen, he is the only SF left on our roster. One thing that's worth considering is giving Stro some minutes at the SF if the right matchup presents itself. I think Stro is athletic and fast enough to stay with some of the slower SFs in the league and with our present SF situation, it's worth experimenting.

4. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

This is the best post I have seen in a while.

5. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

If you think Bowen is supposed to be an inspiration, well, do you think it is working? Obviously the inspiration strategy isnt working so why hasnt JVG figured that out yet when the ****in season is almost ****in over.

6. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Isn't that too sad for a coach? Basically, you cannot get your players to play hard for you, and you are willing to lose games (by putting the least talent guy in) to make your point? It might be ok in a different situation, but it's insane to do that when we are fighting for our life for that last playoff spot. :mad: