1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I guess the season isn't over huh?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocksMillenium, Feb 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

People counting this team and the PGs out after trading Rafer Alston, Brooks put up 19 points and 8 assists. There was some turnovers, and that will happen when you have, essentially, a new lineup and people learning to adjust. Moral of the story? Be patient and judge AFTER giving them a chance to prove themselves.

2. jboslett

jboslett Member

Because we won one game? Of course we can still make the playoffs but are we legit contenders? I don't think so.

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Live and die by the 3.

Simplest thing.

If we hit our 3s, we almost always win.

If we shoot under 30%, we always lose.

4. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

Too bad no Jamal Mashburn on tv right now so I can look at how stupid he looks.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Who THE HELL WAS THAT ON THE FLOOR? That team was amazing, penetrating to the basket, hustle, leadership, TEAMWORK! One game, is one game, but that team was FUN to watch. WOOT WOOT!

6. Monster Dunk

Monster Dunk Member

The season is far from over.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yes along with UGLY Jamal looks Stupid

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

That was the second close game we've won this year. Just the second. Boston in Boston was the first.

I have a feeling that we are going to be winning more close games than not from here on out. The biggest issue was a change of leadership, and no one can deny that that is what has taken place over the last three days.

9. htown11

htown11 Member

It was definitely more uptempo and just far more entertaining. I love Brooks confidence, and I think Lowry can be pretty decent after he spends more time with this team. Great win.

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

At least Brooks has shown he can be clutch. That's going to be important down the road.

Hopefully he keeps developing his whole running the offense thing. He'd better.

11. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Brooks is still needs to work on alot of things offensively and defensively. Just making plays dumber than Rafer can't really help.

12. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

That's why he went to UK. That look's the norm in Kentucky.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Many of us never considered the season over. The season was just getting started when TMac decided to retire for the year. For the Tmac lovers, he was a huge hole in our team.

14. lalala902102001

The season is just getting started. More exciting things to come...

15. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

NOPE-SEASON WAS NEVER OVER!. LOVE YA SKIP. GONNA MISS YA. BUT WERE MOVING FORWARD IN A GOOD WAY. PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!

16. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

So being patient is one game? Great than I won't worry for the rest of the year.

It was a great win over a hated team. Chuck and Luis did a great job on the 7 Points MVP. Ron gave the POS howard some fits. I would've like to have seen Yao get more touches and maybe Luis, but a good win nonetheless.

I hope Aaron can get the turnovers under control and everything else the same.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is too early to say it was over, or we are contenders but I still have hope for growth.

DD

18. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

No, the season is not over for sure because there is 28 more games left. But, our championship hopes for this season is over because without a close-to healthy McGrady, we don't stand a chance against LA.

19. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

We were never going to be legit contenders with Rafer. Hell, if Rafer plays in this game, we don't win either.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We weren't legit contenders with Rafer, so what's the difference?