1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I guess it is OPEN SEASON to kill black men in America...no one seems to care.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 3, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not sure how any of this is an excuse for him to do something he wasn't supposed to do. Just because you are doing something illegal doesn't mean you get a chokehold, that's silly. I guess if an officer stops someone for jaywalking then they should also find themselves in a chokehold...

If he was so worried about 'other stuff' then maybe he should have left Garner to a more responsible officer since he apparently didn't know how to do his job effectively.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He wastold to move. He didn't. They moved him

What dont you understand. You're ignoring the basics to make a political argument. He didn't move he got moved. End of story

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What don't you understand? You're ignoring that the officer broke the rules to move him and thus did the wrong thing. Period. You can make every lame excuse you want for him but it doesn't change the fact that he did something he shouldn't have done.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He didnt brake the rules according to his superiors.

Garner died cause of his health regardless

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't care what his superiors say, his superior is de Blasio, do you care for his opinion on the matter? My guess is no.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/nyregion/eric-garner-death-daniel-pantaleo-trial-chokehold.html
    "Internal affairs investigators who reviewed Eric Garner’s death determined that the officer who wrestled him to the ground in 2014 used a forbidden chokehold on him, a police supervisor testified on Monday during the officer’s disciplinary trial at Police Headquarters."

In case you are unaware who Internal Affairs are...
    "The internal affairs refers to a division of a law enforcement agency that investigates incidents and possible suspicions of law-breaking and professional misconduct attributed to officers on the force."

6. Buck Turgidson

I've always found it funny that the people who take the "People of Walmart" pictures are also shopping at Walmart.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

In terms of Garner's death i don't mean to sound callous but i don't care if it was a choke hold or not because it isn't the reason he died.

The physicality of the confrontation trigered his health issues but he wasn't choked to death

You wanna reprimand the officer for the maneuver, fine. But he didn't kill Garner and Garner forced them to be physical.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah...uhh my friends say uhh the best deals are at big blue.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Garner definitely seemed liked a non violent guy. That being said i dont want young black men thinking its okay to not comply with simple requests from police officers because The Man is just being unfair

I can't believe people are okay with him trying to plead his case with the he wasn't doing anything too bad. Dude is standing in the very spot he had already been arrested in.

I am no saint and don't give a damn about him selling cigarettes. But you cant react like that if you arent doing something illegal let alone when everyone knows what you're doing

You refuse to comply with a cop's request expect to get handled. In my opinion they let his whining go too long. Its one thing to argue the maneuver but you guys who think cops should waste time listening to that B.S. are out of your minds

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My point is pretty simple here. The officer shouldn't have done what he did, there were plenty of others things he should have done instead of attempting a chokehold. Garner was outnumbered and all he was doing was shouting, that's it. He didn't make any threatening moves towards any of them, he just shouted.

I don't want to get into the argument of why he died, that's a semantics argument. If someone has a health issue and YOU trigger that health issue I believe you are responsible for that.

I think you are out of your mind if you think Cops should get aggressive just because a citizen decides to argue with them. Their job isn't to bully and harass citizens, it's to serve and protect

And I think your attitude towards this is what annoys me the most because you pretend like this couldn't have been handled any better and that we should hold officers to the lowest standard possible.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No dont argue with cops. They have the authority. Its always ways to file grievances.

We aren't talking about a speeding ticket. We are talking about a guy who had already been arrested in the same damn spot

They tried to cuff him and he started acting defensive. Bam take down. Next step

Edit: so you believe a cop who knows you're a felonl for crimes in a spot is being unfair to ask you to move from said spot

Then after giving you b**** and moan time when he goes to cuff you you can start trying to prevent that

Unbelievable how many people believe this

#691 pgabriel, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They have the authority, to a certain extent, a cop just can't barge their way onto your property for instance. They don't have ultimate authority.

Was Eric Garner selling cigarettes at the moment?

Sure, if I'm just standing in a spot in committing no crime then I should not be harassed by a cop. his previous record doesn't mean that he's currently committing a crime, that's the kind of innocent before guilty and stereotypical crap that we don't want our officers to be guilty of. It's possible that the man was just standing in a spot where he knew people and that he wasn't committing any crime, which would explain his complaint that he wasn't doing anything.

Cops should not have unlimited power, the reason many people, as you complain about, believe this is because history does not speak kindly of giving cops more and more power.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Eric Garner was still selling cigarettes. Maybe not at the exact time of his death but i believe the store owner didn't want him around there

#694 pgabriel, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe this was over 5 years ago.

Nook likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Posts like this make me think you are definitely playing some sort of shitck.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do you think someone can be choked to death in 45 seconds?

If you dont want to give an honest answer dont bother respondingp

Dude had asthma, smoked, and was fat

Not sthick, honesty

Silent_Bob likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think someone should be placed in a chokehold because they waived their arms around for 5 seconds and then after death blame it on untaxed cigarettes.