1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I guess it is OPEN SEASON to kill black men in America...no one seems to care.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 3, 2014.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dude wasn't choked to death. Stupid ass Americans think you can choke someone in 45 seconds is the first problem discussing this

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro cops don't debate ish. They wanted the dude to move. If you think they should negotiate you out your damn mind

3. biff17

biff17 Member

Cops negotiate all the time.

And choke holds are still banned.

I know you are just trolling so I am done with you.

edwardc likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So if a cop tells you to do something then you do it or he puts you in a choke hold?

Are you saying that the cop could not have handled this better? He could not have done anything differently?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They debate when they tell you to move in the midst of committing a crime?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They told the dude to movd

He gives a speech

They tried to cuff him

He starts waving his arms defensively

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And? He literally just raises his arms once too before the hold is applied. This doesn't change my question. You are saying that they could not have handled this any better?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They dont have time to listen to him talk about nothing

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@JayGoogle

They hadca history. There is nothing to be said. The cop knew what Garner was doing

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The question still remains.

Do you think the officer could/should have handled this differently?

You're not answering this question, you're just making excuses for very poor decision making. That's all you are doing. Why?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No
    They told him to move. He didn't. That's the next step

Standard procedure

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Chokeholds are not standard procedure lol.

FranchiseBlade and juicystream like this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That's not why he died. Others argue that it was the procedure he was taught

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If it is what he was taught then it was still wrong, as mentioned already it is against NYPD regulation, which means he should have done something else. Which, I think you know which is why you avoided the question, but you won't come out and say the officer was wrong and should have handled the situation differently because you likely think it is a liberal position or something.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When i say it was what he was taught it wasn't a choke hold

Listen carefully. I don't have any issue with how he handled it.

He has more important things to worry about than arguing with Garner when Garner should have just moved

Dont assume what i think when im telling you exactly what i think

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's amazing to me that you don't think he could have done anything differently, that the only option, with several other officers arround him against an unarmed man, was to put him in a choke hold. It was a choke hold. When you have MMA people telling you that's a choke hold, then it's a choke hold. It has already been confirmed by the NYPD that it was banned dude. Give it a rest. This is why I feel like you are being contradictory just because you feel like you must, that's how partisan this issue has been.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/nyregion/eric-garner-death-daniel-pantaleo-trial-chokehold.html
    "Internal affairs investigators who reviewed Eric Garner’s death determined that the officer who wrestled him to the ground in 2014 used a forbidden chokehold on him, a police supervisor testified on Monday during the officer’s disciplinary trial at Police Headquarters."

You are the only one lying about it here, it was a choke hold, poorly executed sure, but a chokehold. Which means he should have done something else. Period.

He has more important things to worry about? What? Isn't he on the clock so shouldn't his first priority be to do his job to the best of his ability? Which, he simply didn't do since the state had to settle in court for millions because of his actions?

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro yall are crazy. The dude was a criminal. The cop knew it. It wasn't a negotiable moment

He wasnt selling cars. He telling a career criminal to move from a spot he had already been arrested

Get off that liberal ****. The technique maybe questionable but not moving his ass

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Him being a criminal is irrelevant here.

The officer performed a banned technique, which means he shouldn't have done what he did and should have better done his job. Period. End of story.

BTW, the man was selling cigarettes, not cocaine.

#678 JayGoogle, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Involuntary manslaughter is still negligence.

I respect law enforcement. I really do. But we've pretty much issued a license for kill to the lowest common denominator, which is surprising given all the legal hand wringing for capital punishment.

I guess it's because we have state sanctioned murder in the form of capital punishment that the American people are so blasé to police brutality.

Who said Judge Dredd was science fiction?

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What he was doing isn't the point other than when you're doing something illegal you don't have an argument

Cops dont have time to hear that ****. It isn't the courtroom. He is on a beat. He has other stuff to worry about