1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I guess it is OPEN SEASON to kill black men in America...no one seems to care.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, I'm not a cop and I do know that several police departments have banned the use of that takedown method......which is why I support them firing the cop that did it. That said, if the chokehold was part of the reason he died, it was because it triggered an asthma attack, not because he was choked to death by it given that he was breathing after it was released.

According to the medical examiner, the cops being on top of him while cuffing him also "caused" his death. He was a fat guy in terrible heath.

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

So if a Cop "accidently kills someone," its ok now?

Funniest thing ive heard this week

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You're grasping at straws. You choke an old man like that and he'll die. "Oh he didn't die bc of the chokehold, he died because he was old and couldn't handle a chokehold from a strong man."

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, at least we know a cop could never get a grip around Bobby's neck. His mental gymnastics training has made him too agile.

1 person likes this.
  7. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I know what I posted lol

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't die from the chokehold, the chokehold happened for a total of 14 seconds and was released really soon after they got him to the ground after which time he was still breathing as evidenced by him talking. You can't talk if you can't breathe. The chokehold might have been a factor in setting off a fatal asthma attack and the cops sitting on his back while cuffing him wouldn't have helped that situation, but the point is that none of that was done with the intention of killing him, just arresting him. I've seen the exact same type of thing happen numerous times without anyone getting hurt, it was his poor health that changed things and they couldn't have known about that.

The lesson here is for big guys to not resist arrest, if the idiot just lets them arrest him then he's still alive and he probably has a harassment lawsuit if he really wasn't breaking the law. When you are that big, you are going to get taken down harder, it's just how it is.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, then that's embarrassing for you in that it confirmed what I was saying, that the cops on his back led to his death.

10. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Might? It was a Factor.....

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"Stabbing and shooting doesn't kill people. . . no one should have any expectation that they would. . . . .it is only a few seconds. . . .it is the BLEEDING OUT and DAMAGED TISSUE that causes the deaths." - BoobyTheGreek

Rocket River

2 people like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, it was a factor, as was the cops laying the fat guy prone and being on his back while cuffing him. Point is that a "reasonable person" wouldn't suspect that those things would cause his death thus no manslaughter. The chokehold was a banned tactic, so the cop should be fired, but it's just not possible to make a case that either he tried to kill the guy or that his actions were reckless as the law in NY defines it.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would be interested in hearing Another Brother's take on this, because as far as I know he was a cop and he's black, so he can kind of see both perspectives on this, I guess? AB, do you think they restrained him that way because of his skin color or would they have done the exact same thing with a white guy that was resisting arrest in the same way?

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Does this mean we have to listen to the racial pity party all over again? Just when the Ferguson idiocy was coming to an end...

Dear Black people who are worried they might be killed by a policeman:

When a police officer tells you to put your hands behind your back, your response should not be "DON'T TOUCH ME" and then resist.

Signed,
    Common Sense

15. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I'm currently a block away from Grand Central Station, and apparently there's thousands of protestors there now.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

hhhmmmm

Seems Like Some folx wanna go back to those Dredd Scott days

Bundy showed us . . .. . have alot of Guns and alot of people willing to fire them
    then the Cops seems to be pretty calm and respectful

Rocket River

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

No I think it is better if the police are the only people with guns. They are after all the only ones professional enough to handle a gun. They wouldn't do things like shoot themselves in the leg in a school full of kids, or have hundreds of military donated machine guns turn up missing/stolen.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nevermind, found the older thread in the Hangout where Another Brother commented.

A couple of comments - some of those cops look like thugs themselves and the chokehold seems excessive to me. As I would not assume an intent to kill, I think a manslaughter indictment would have been appropriate. That said, resisting cops is just a bad idea in general. Tragic that this guy died. Al Sharpton didn't want to miss the photo opportunity.

#38 AroundTheWorld, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  19. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

no he's not a troll. And there's many more like him in Texas:(

20. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Black or White..... that cop should still be behind bars.