1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I find it highly funny that Trump supporters are now worried that they may lose obamacare

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by what, Jan 25, 2017.

1. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

To help out, I believe Falcons Talon believes that ACA / Obamacare has taken on a high burden set of insurers (pre-exist, low-income) and that those costs are not offset by the mandatory signups. So he sees a direct correlation between high burden insurers and increase in premium and/or decrease in coverage.

This of course ignores that the same high burden group will get medical treatment regardless of insurance standing (because we do not reject care). This raises overall healthcare costs because hospitals etc need to make a profit, which in turns raises costs against insurance companies, which in turn raises premiums, even for those who handle their own ****.

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I think everyone should have access to healthcare. How pharm and hospitals deal with insurance is ridiculous. I went to get a knee brace for my torn miniscus at a DME. Price to me was $49.00. Price to insurance was over $300. The solution is not to charge more to the people that have been taking care of their business....Fix the system..

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Just how do you plan to fix the system? If not for the Democrats, the GOP will never even bother fixing the system, see Ronald, Bushs, Obama, Clintons. The only reason the GOP might try to come up with replacement plan and that is a big if, is because there are millions of people on Obamacare already, if there is no Obamacare, GOP will never try to fix the healthcare system. For someone who had first hand experience with the issues in healthcare, you should have known better.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dun werry we stull gotz ur tow teef n sisturs in da bak uf da traelur... Weez gud.. Wyte Poer!!!!

5. dmoneybangbang

So are you in favor of privatizing Medicare? Frankly I don't think the boomers are despite them being more conservative.

6. dmoneybangbang

I am young so I have time to plan but I hope the GOP will be honest with people about what they are intending to do and the effects it will have.

I see zero point in Medicare if people aren't held responsible for their actions before hand. That is, we got a whole bunch of unhealthy folks getting ready to retire who will be getting generous socialized medicine benefits that will greatly increase spending.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Poor @Falcons Talon - something tells me that if he's anything like his BBS persona, he will be reliant on the social safety net one day, and it may no longer be there.

larsv8 likes this.
  8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Awwww...look. Sammy felt the need to tag me. That's so cute of him, and here I had already forgotten all about him.

Do you feel better Sammy boy? Does it make you feel good to try to have the last word? So predictable.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Here is an image of Healthcare spending/%GDP over time. The %spent seems to have stabilized somewhat since Obamacare started. The issue is some people are required to pay more to stabilize the system, but ultimately for the entire country it really isn't that bad.

10. pirc1

When will healthcare hit 25%? When will defense budget hit 25%? We can all celebrate when 50% of the GDP are in healthcare and defense!

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is misleading given that Obamacare didn't really take effect until 2014 so the time where it shows "stabilizing" was before Obamacare. Once Obamacare took effect, it started rising.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The first couple years showed the 'cost cutting' saving measures and the cost increase approval measures. It wasnt until the last year or so when the insurance companies told Obama to 'FU, approve our increases or we will leave'. It was when the insurance companies called this bluff did they realize the failure of their precious baby.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So what about the growth before obamacare? Again the previous solution wasn't working. You provide no answers except obamacare=bad. Why don't you propose a solution?

#73 Air Langhi, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  14. pirc1

The solution is obviously repeal Obamacare.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^in which the troller loses his composure, begins hurling insults, (and reneging on promises to not respond further and let others have the last word), and becomes the trollee.

The loss of face here reminds me of the heady days of having tons of easily set-off-able PRC Netizens on the board- which reminds me of something....

@KingCheetah: The new regime will be very favorably disposed to the Kowloon Tether Project - reach out to me on AIM for a technical discussion.

#75 SamFisher, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    KingCheetah likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....so there was growth before Obamacare and there was growth after Obamacare.....it did nothing. That's the point. In fact, things had started to "stabilize" before Obamacare only to start to go back up after it went into effect. Face it, Obamacare was a total failure.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, that's how insurance works. It worked that way before the ACA. My goodness what a moron

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Insurances don't pay 300$. They get billed that amount and allow a certain negotiated amount. Usually its a fraction, so that is why they bill higher.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If you haven't already, put BTG on ignore. The guy is so stupid he doesn't even realize it...

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Since you're so "intelligent", let me present you with a challenge. Over the next 3 months, go get in a couple wrecks. And then to top it off, get a DWI while you are in an accident.

The come tell me exactly how insurance works.