1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I find it highly funny that Trump supporters are now worried that they may lose obamacare

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by what, Jan 25, 2017.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

The ACA was a massive expansion of medicaid. So you have a something that is basically a add on for a failed welfare program and people in their 20s and 30s are expected to buy similar policies they used to be able to get for 50 or 60 dollars a month for 4 or 5 times that now to make the system solvent.

This of course failed miserably as we would be way better off just paying the fine (obamacare tax) than having an expensive useless high deductible policy.

As far as your comments about Republicans refusing to pass regulations come on man that's so weak this legislation was so shady the Dems and Obama were doing anything they could to slam it through forget debate and discussion.

Cheap policies must be made available, individuals must be able to cross state lines and jump into large group policies because what has happened to the individual is criminal. No PPO policies in this state, skyrocketing costs for **** insurance and a deterrent for job creators to hire full time people.

See liberals only care about large groups and never think about the individual. I mean even though it's complete bs saying 20 million more insured sounds good.

Dei likes this.
  2. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

You do realize that large groups make up many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many individuals.

Stop repeating talking heads on TV.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here is a video of one of the bi-partisan discussions on Healthcare. There are links on that page to many more of the discussions and debates.
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?292260-1/white-house-health-care-summit-part-1

This article is lengthy but shows all of Obama's efforts to work with Republicans. Eric Cantor had already pledged not to work with Obama in the House, but in the Senate there were bi-partisan meetings ongoing before the bill was even introduced.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/07/the-real-story-of-obamacares-birth/397742/

Camarograna2 likes this.
  4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

But but Democrats refused to work with Republicans.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^Hey guys, guess who brought the bag of stupid.

Focus on the individual - fine. Are you even reading this thread? There are real world individuals who would be dead now but for the ACA. or are you just referring to individual morons who get their news from Macedonian teenage clickfarms?

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Yeah, some individuals were worse off, but a lot were better off. The number of self-employed small business clients I've had that were able to finally afford health insurance.

Implementation was totally butchered, and there were certainly flaws, but if you think making health insurance affordable to working class or lower middle class sucks, I just don't know what to say to you.

Universal healthcare will continue to be in our best interest, but people it would benefit will continue to fight it because they don't care about healthcare until they need it. When they finally do they just ultimately don't pay for it, so what is the big deal?

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Just pre existing condition inclusion and max cap per year makes Obama care worth saving.

8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Well, it finally trickled down to my school insurance. Deductible went up, and percentage they paid out went down.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was the first step towards single payer, which is what we need in this country.

DD

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. texanskan

Please give me examples of how someone would be dead?

I certainly think some people might be bankrupt but dead?

11. texanskan

The only focus was on total number insured I am sure the american public would not be for a massive welfare expansion if they knew the facts

12. SamFisher

Sure, I have designed a multistep process for you.

Step 1: type "I would be dead without Obamacare" into your browser window - that is the horizontal bar at the top of your screen, unless you are hanging from the ceiling

Step 2: Your screen will then change, and you will get what looks like a list of results. looks something like this

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=I+would+be+dead+without+obamacare

Step 3: Consume the results as you see fit. Which I'm guessing in your case is....badly.

But yes, we can all HOPE to live in the rosy world of bankrupt destitute critically ill people and their dependents that you envision for us.

Hey Now! likes this.
  13. Falcons Talon

I love it when I'm told by others that I have to give up my hard earned money because others cant take care of their own ****.

14. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

We've decided as a society that we aren't going to let people die in the street due to being poor. As you well know, you and I were already paying our hard-earned money through a much more inefficient process at a higher cost(emergency rooms). Maybe I'm not following, but are you advocating no type of coverage for those who can't afford it because they cant take care of their **** or just in reference to single-payer?

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I love these kind of people.

They make the best "I never really understood till it happened to me" stories.

16. Falcons Talon

Screw you and your "these kind of people" comment. I take care of my business. Havent been without insurance any day of my life.

17. Falcons Talon

No, not saying they shouldn't get coverage. Saying my prices shouldn't get jacked up when I've put into the system all my adult life, and my parents did the same before me.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's wonderful. But as other pointed out, your hard earned money was already going into an extremely expensive and inefficient model. Single-payer is the best bet to save your hard earned money.

As it stands now, it looks like there is at least some folks that just want repeal with not replacement. In that case, there are people that can't take care of their own business simply because of pre-existing condition that they either were born with or obtained sometime later in life through many possibilities that have nothing to do with their choice.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

20. SamFisher

^ In which the idiots begin to argue that the very concept of insurance is a Marxist plot.