1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Feel Sorry For James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dje243, Apr 18, 2016.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I feel bad for the delusional kool aiders who think Harden is a batman and can shoot 50-40-90 or his record turnovers are the fault of role players, same with his bricked 3's

2. Drogba

Drogba Member

Don't be an idiot. This Warriors team is lightyears ahead of that Suns team. This is the greatest team of all time fool.

3. dje243

dje243 Member

I agree with this. Harden isn't the type of player they need to consistently do what they ask him to (I don't think that means he's not a superstar... he's just not Michael Jordan... and even Jordan had legit players around him and a legendary coach). So I think the solution is a combination of: Get a coach with a scheme and a vision for his game, get more talent so the load is spread around evenly.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

But...my fandom must be satisfied!!!!1

5. dje243

dje243 Member

They can and they do.

6. dje243

dje243 Member

Hey so I agree. Harden needs to come back more focused than he was before. But this season's problems do not rest solely on the fact that Harden had a lazy off season. He's producing at the same level as last year. The difference last year (in HIS play) was the influence of defensive minded coaches with strict schemes for the olympics. He said it himself.

Coaching is so freaking important in the NBA. A quick perusal of Curry's stats will show that he's been a monster talent/shooter since he entered the league. He had career numbers this year and last... which directly coincides with the hiring of Steve Kerr. Remember when we used to destroy GSW? Do we think Curry and GSW do what they do with Mark Jackson at the helm?!

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah the Suns were so damn great they never even made the Finals all those years. That team was very entertaining and very very flawed, especially on defense.

If Kobe played against this Golden States team he would get blown the **** out like every other team in this league. Not saying Harden is better than 2005 Kobe, but it's a bad comparison.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Can't wait to see James when he actually has legit coaching and help.

9. dmoneybangbang

This. The whole organization really crapped the bed this season which made our team and individual players look much worse. James Harden is a generational offensive talent and most of our other guys aren't talent-less. We clearly had no viable offensive plan yet still was a top ten offense. We had the players to enact a swarming, switching defense yet the communication and effort was consistently poor. Harden has certainly earned the benefit of the doubt and it would be short sighted to sell low on him.

Kobe and Melo have never had to carry an offense like Harden as they never were the type of playmaker Harden is. It's pretty crazy the little amount of help Harden has had since his first season here and has averaged a high % of a total assisted shots for the team. Personally, I think Harden would be at his highest level averaging like 22 pts and 12 dimes, but that would require a much better second offensive option.

It's not all gloom and doom for the Rockets. Keep your chins up.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden needs help. He also needs to change some things about himself. It's not an either/or situation.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is 2016 and millennials never take personal responsibilities for ANYTHING. It's always so,some else's fault. That's why they feel sorry for James.

**** that. This clown doesn't give 100% effort on the court. I will never feel sorry for him.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I feel sorry for this thread because it's not going anywhere other threads haven't gone.

But unlike the OP, I don't blame the system or other scrubby threads surrounding this thread. I just blame the fans for not knowing better.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Is J sizzle Harden? Am I? Is the OP? How is that personal responsibility?

Why is JBB excluded from this 'personal' responsibility?

So this is David and Goliath just as well, so you'll be using that excuse for Harden then.

Also, you had to have seen that series to understand but Kobe quit. He was deferring, he was passive, it was odd.

14. Rocketeer4Life

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Shaq knows it's more complicated than that, but he had to take his hot take of course.

When the Lakers had Kobe,Dwight, Pau, and Nash and they failed and also went 8th in the west did that mean that Kobe was no leader?

In fact Kobe has only succeeded with Phil Jackson, is this some odd coincidence?

The leader of the team should always be the coach then you have a guy on the court that leads and everyone looks up to.

Right now Harden is the captain of a poorly constructed ship without rudders.

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Kobe leading his team to a 3-1 lead doesn't mean he didn't quit at the end of the series. I call it quitting when the best scorer on a team gets frustrated and completely stops taking shots.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, remember that this was RIGHT before he wanted to be traded. He saw who he was playing with and wanted out.

What happened then is the Lakers Pau Gasol and the rest is history.

It's funny how people call James Harden uncoachable when Phil Jackson said quite plainly. "Kobe is uncoachable." this is what I meant that great players all of them have their faults.

Curry too, has his faults. Kerr comes in and he hides his players faults so well that they may as well be an all-star team when they take the court.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If being a "fan" means burying your head in the sand and eating whatever some spoiled lazy narcissistic prima donna wants to throw out there... then yer right... we're lousy fans... smh...

19. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

DM and the coaching staff basically put Harden into the MJ, Kobe, Lebron and DWade (before Lebron) role of perimeter players that are defacto PGs on the team because of their greatness.

It's not that Harden cannot score or assist with the best of them (albeit a notch below their levels). It's that Harden isn't a leader / assassin on the floor like them.

Harden will never be that guy players around him look up to and do everything he says, because well, he can't even get to training camp in shape and play defense.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...are you agreeing with me? Disagreeing? I'm confused how my post lead to a rant on millennials.

I'm with you. I don't feel "sorry" for James Harden. As I said...he has some very obvious changes that need to be made going forward. Who's saying otherwise?

I also don't think that's the only thing holding the Rockets back. I don't think it's controversial at all to say that James Harden needs to change his approach to basketball in certain areas while also needing the team around him to perform better.