1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Feel Sorry For James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dje243, Apr 18, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's not using Analytics

he's using the lytics he found in his anal

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Complimenting hardens game is easy. If we didn't have Dwight Parsons would still be here. Most players compliment harden because he's a freaking superstar you have an absolutely idiotic point of view on this. Parsons and lins complimented harden as well but they both could get there own shot. Unless you some how buy into the narrative that harden is a ball hog who won't play with other creators which I totally wouldn't put past you. This rockets roster is the result of making room for with Howard and taking what he could the next year. In other words without Dwight we would have matched Parsons and lin and still went after bosh. Morey still had time to keep Parsons but he didn't want to pay that much something he wouldn't worry about if we didn't have Dwight.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This was very amusing.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If we didn't bet everything on Chris Bosh, we'd have both Howard AND Parsons.

And no, complementing Harden's game isn't as easy as you think. Look at Trevor Ariza. He's a prototypical 3/D guy (which is a necessity for any complement to Harden), but there are obvious deficiencies in his game. He's a streaky shooter, has poor ball-handling abilities, and can't create his own shot. Plus, at $8mm/year, he's considered a good "value" player.

Why don't you list some players (and their salaries) who you think would be good complements to Harden?

5. ibm

ibm Member

i truly feel sorry for those who feel sorry for harden.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

honestly. This guy is probably right now bathing in champagne with big booty strippers surrounding him with his exotic sports car parked outside and people feel sorry for him?

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You should do that list since you think it's hard. It's pretty simple our team was shaped from making room for Dwight and then trying to stay flexible after we got Dwight. Our team would look completely different without Dwight. we wasted time on Dwight. Again we still could have had Parsons after bosh we didn't keep him because it was too much to spend when we already had a second star supposedly in Dwight. Again harden is a superstar he plays well with different types of players. The whole 3 and d is only good for harden narrative is clutchfans made up nonsense. This team is one dimensional because we have too many guys like that and that certainly doesn't help harden who himself has been screaming for another play maker for the better part of a year now.

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Go look in the free agency thread. Plenty of them there

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You think it's easy. I think it's hard. Therefore, I should do it?

What kind of backwards logic is that?

10. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

I actually agree with you almost entirely. There are times when Harden looks completely disinterested, but generally he is the one constant on the team.

1 person likes this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Because to your logic your list would be much shorter. To mine most anyone who can play would compliment Harden because he is a superstar. Harden literally dragged nothing to the playoffs. We struggled to win with these so called complimentary players of yours yet some how you still see yourself in the right. Harden had a pretty damn good year yet these complimentary players sucked but that's Harden's fault? How's that for logic? Harden can create for anyone, so anyone who can knock down shots compliments Harden you don't have to look hard. So since it's so hard for you to find someone who compliments a superstar maybe you should make the list. Because Im good.

Harden in the past has worked well with different types of players the burden is on that player to do their damn job something no one on this team has done outside of Harden all year. You guys take this rhetoric and nonsense you see on Clutchfans and run with it and it's silly. Anyone who can play consistently and play well compliments Harden it doesn't have to be a 3 and D guy.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not get the coach narrative because the reality is

Successful coaches like Pops, Zen Masta, Adelman are getting old and retired, or retire soon

and new coaches are coming

more and more teams are taking on assistants to be coach because of that reason

If Harden cannot to listen to a younger coach, then that is on him

That is a trend in the NBA.

Like we have 3 and D system but failing to get real good shooters.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

No, you're really not. In fact, you've shown a fundamental ignorance of Harden's strengths and weaknesses.

The reason you refuse to list players who would complement Harden is b/c they're expensive. And because your list is comprised of expensive players, then it's not as easy to build around Harden as you think it is. And that would mean you were wrong earlier.

Also, any complementary player MUST be a 3/D guy. Harden is a ball-dominant player. As such, complementary players needs to be able to hit open shots. Harden is also a terrible defender. Therefore, complementary players need to be able to guard the opponent's best scorers.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO This is a ridiculous post. How are you going to tell me why I wont make a list? I don't want to make a list and it's a fallacy to equate me not wanting to make a list with meaning Im automatically wrong, lol.

No Harden can play with any player but that player has to be able to make shots and do their jobs well which no one has done this year. Dwight is the one who needs complimentary players to get him the ball in the perfect spot Harden is self reliant. The Rockets over all need self reliant players. They need player makers as a team and guys who simply play well. The problem with your thinking and I hope Morey doesn't think this way is that you are looking for complimentary players where you should look for a group of players who play well.

You are limited by your limited opinion of Harden. It limits your thinking. What you should be thinking is how many creators do the Rockets have? Do they need more? Do the Rockets have enough shooters for their system? Do they have enough defense? What's the strength of this guy? Whats his weaknesses? Any guy who can shoot and get his own shot compliments Harden and for this off season there is no such thing as too expensive really. But you did prove my point because having Dwight Howard meant certain players were too expensive for us a couple of seasons ago. Howard changed the face of the Rockets and is the reason we look the way we do today. He did not play to expectations so therefore he was a waste of time and he hurt our roster.

The Rockets don't have to be a great defensive team but you need guys who can shoot. The Rockets don't have to be a great offensive team but then you need guys who do other things well. The problem with the Rockets this year is that they didn't do things particularly well. How well is well enough? If you are focused on offense you can't have below average shooters shooting the ball consistently. If you are going to be a defensive team then you can't have more than one or two guys who can't defend well.

The Rockets have personnel problems and that directly comes from guys that had a job and didn't do it well. You don't have to be a three point shooter AND a defender, you just have to be able to do what you do well. Especially if you have a superstar on your team. There are cheap guys who play great defense and there are cheap guys who can shoot the ball you need to keep those. Morey has been in the business of throwing those players away and keeping ones who don't do either particularly well and using flexibility as an excuse.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Sorry, but it's not. It's a universal truth that when you're unable to support your opinion, then you are automatically wrong.

16. Harden's beard

17. Harden's beard

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

"Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter."

I don't believe James gives 2 ****s about anyone but himself and his brand.... Just my opinion...

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe he came to care about Kardashian broad

give him 2 more years