1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I feel sorry for Garnett

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nigma2000, May 2, 2003.

1. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

All of u are talking about Stockton and how sorry yall feel for him. However, i feel sorry for Garnett. The guy has been carring the team on his back to what now 7 consecutive 1st round exits he is truly the MVP, at least Stockton went to the finals. Of course when you are playing for 19 years yourr bound to win a championship at least once...oops in his case go to the finals twice that is not bad :D

K.G after the game was on the bench head down probably thinking "what else should i do. Man it is about time to ask for a trade or something".

You got to give it to them though, they have been always going to the playoffs with out real help and no draft picks wow and we are all crying because we don't have a pick this year. What have we done with all of our picks. We are still living in mediocrity. To make everybody happy i propose we trade a couple of future draft picks to Mnny for K.G ;)

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Me too..

Lackers Suck!!

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

If Garnett weren't sucking up half the T-Wolves salary cap with his contract, they might be able to get him some decent help...

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Garnett isn't killing the team with his contract. They killed themselves when they SIGNED A WRITTEN under the table agreement with Joe Smith, a proven bust incurring the punishment of the League. Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Garnett's contract isn't fully counted against the Cap because it was in place before the CBA. Shaq's is the same way with the Lakers. That's why they could still pay Kobe the Max. Kevin Mchale set the franchise back by trying to be sneaky.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Um....is that true about the contracts?

I thought for sure that all contracts would count fully against the cap. Kobe got the max because he had Bird rights and could be signed to a max extension.

Garnett's making about $25 million. Even if you counted "only" $15-20 mil of that against the cap, that would hurt your chances to get any other players, considering the approximate salary cap of $42 mil, and that so many players are grossly overpaid.

6. Just B

Just B Member

I feel real bad for KG. If you saw him at the press conference after the game you know why I feel so sorry of him. It's like he didn't even know what to say, he'd just sit there for like, 10 seconds between every sentence.

7. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

It is not like if KG's contract was just like a regular max contract or if they had their draft picks they would be in a whole lot better position.

They are in a good position. How many teams have been in the WC playoffs for those many years strait? Four--add in LAL, Portland, & Utah, that is it. Further, 2 of those other 3 have not gotten past the first round lately either. You can be a darned good team--6th, 7th, 8th best in the league, and if you are in the West your not likely to make it past the first round.

Basically when you are at Minnesotta's level it is pretty hard to get better. Teams like that can only sign players for the MCE and they are drafting in the late 20s (the picks Minn are missing are not all that much). What Minn needs to do is pull a Sper where KG is injured the whole year, get a low lotta pick, and get that 2nd star next to KG. Outside of this, they have to get lucky in some offseason moves or hope some flyers work out. But it is tough to do and the odds are stacked against them.

8. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

Why? He is at most, the 3rd best player in the league(behind Shaq & Duncan), yet he will probably get this year's MVP.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

why? because the guy has all the talent needed to bring a championship to a city. BUT he needs better players to surround him.

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

It's a crime if he gets the MVP over Duncan.

11. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

No it would not be a crime. If I had vote I'd probably have to go TD--but it is darned close.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm still waiting for the day when some superstar like Kidd signs with a team like minnesota for rock bottom just so he can play with someone like Garnett.

I think KG has to be patient. Olajuwon had a run similar to this as well. And then it was like, all of the sudden, He had some players around him that fit perfectly.

13. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Channel 11 news was reporting this morning that Duncan will win.

15. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I was pulling for KG too!

He's got noone to blame except himself...and his teamates!;)

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

The series might have been different if he would have made those two freebiess last Sunday.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

if someone gave you 25 mil a year when you were 20 i'm assuming you would take it as well.

18. x_trepidation_x

I'm "sorry" but I don't feel "sorry" for KG. The guy is making 25 million this year and 28 million next year to dribble a ball up and down the court. :D

I don't think I ever saw someone grossly miscalculate a word. :D

19. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

If someone give me 25 mil when I turn a 100, I would take it too. :)

20. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

These owners throw money away, and complain about being in the red, then turn around and sock it to the fans! :(