1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't want to be *that* poster, but...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Hey Now!, Sep 3, 2015.

1. msn

msn Member

Good points, including the run differential bit.

Here's hoping. :)

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Valbuena's year makes no sense to my brain...

Here are his monthly OPS totals:
    May: .548
    June: .883
    July: .593
    August .813

And so far, he's continuing his every other month trend with a .468 start to September.

I can't completely dismiss his overall numbers - but I have a hard time defending a player who's that wildly inconsistent. 1B has been a giant hole for this team all year.

But it looks like Gomez has (fingers crossed) righted whatever was wrong (.327/.377/.564/.941 his last 14 games with 7 2Bs, which is a full-season pace of 65). If so, that gives the Astros three viable bats. Now we need Springer back to full strength - those four can carry a line-up that has a bunch of streaky players - as long as the streaky players aren't collectively cold together...

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He's going to be awesome in October.

4. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I like how this man thinks.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Eh, serious baseball again has turned me into a complete bi-polar sports spaz.