1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't trust MDA .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 9, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont believe that, he's lost playoff series because of defense(which has been corrected with Bzdellick) and because of injuries. AND because Robert Horry destroyed their best chance, they definitely would have won the chip that year and we would have last year had cp not been hurt.

napalm06 likes this.
  2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Not saying he’s a trash coach. I’m saying he’s not good with X’s and
    O’s, making adjustments throughout the game, running players in the ground, and his rotations are suspect. He will do the same thing for years and never learn.

Lawlruschang and BasketMAD like this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Me

Lol ; honestly we can't replace him .

#1 ) he might legitimately be the best coach we can get ( that doesn't mean I think he's perfect )

#2 even if there was a coach out there who was way better , you can't chance coach this far into the season and have success .

My hope is MDA can get better either by reading my thread . Or Morey tells him what's up .

Lawlruschang, hakeem94 and fattz like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

He's one of the best offensive minds in the league, he does have X's and O's man, thats just not true. Fine, yes but we have injuries, and rotation wise....idk you think Gary or Nene or Ennis wins this for us...i doubt that but fine i want them to play too, but calling for his head is unnecessary.

5. H-Town Rockets Guy

Dantoni is a good offensive coach but at times I think he waits too long to make adjustments. Only thing I do not like about MDA is his short rotations especially In the playoffs. I know he cannot rest harden much now that we don't have Chris Paul or Gordon.

Lawlruschang, D-rock and fattz like this.
  6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I’m not calling for his head. I’m agreeing with the OP that I don’t trust him as well.

Lawlruschang, BasketMAD and fattz like this.
  7. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Anyways everyone needs to stfu. MDA is not nor should get canned. Can’t win them all... but in the roughly two and half years MDA has been coach, Rockets have been elite..

D-rock likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

History says he won't sadly. He's always been stubborn on the short rotations. It always get worse during the playoffs. I'm guessing once Eric and Chris get back, he should be able to keep Harden fresher for the fourth. With Austin playing well, we should be able to give Harden more of a breather.

I hate that we dug ourselves in a hole so early in the season, if we didnt it would make this loss less painful.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Pops rests guys for rest

MDA "rested" Nene tonight for matchup reasons .

Let's say resting Nene was for "rest" purposes . Even then MDA didn't play a backup center the entire second half (made tucker carry the load and Clint play more )

And he played his one backup guard less (make harden and rivers play more )

our team is already hurting because Paul and Gordon are out and instead of maximizing his options and spreading the load , he concentrates it on guys that are already playing the most .

does that sound like pops to you ?

Unfortunately, they are worlds apart . And I don't even think pop's heart is in it anymore

BeBreezy likes this.
  10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Have you looked at our roster????

Our second best player right now is Austin ****ing Rivers. (Other than Clint who can’t create his own shot)

D-rock likes this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Do you realize we are playing rookies, D-league players, other teams cast-offs, and Brandon Knight?

It's pretty amazing what the Rockets have done recently. Harden is amazing, but I have to also give some credit to MDA.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

D'antoni not calling a single timeout during the 29-2 run was flat out embarrassing

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, I don't care. This is a tired excuse. These same "trash" players have come up big time and time again against the best teams in the league. MDA has made an offense where these fringe players aren't required to do as much as they would on other teams.

Rivers, House, Green are players, that anywhere else, would have been trash, but here, they are striving.

MDA needs to trust himself. The bench, yes with BK and Ennis, have sustained leads and taken leads. They are capable.

I really don't know how many times they have to show MDA they can do it before MDA gets it.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

MDA is Bucks head coach I guess.

He helped them build confidence.

hakeem94 and shvedsucks like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Exactly dude .

Clark is not a liability unless you are gauging purely by 3% ; and even then he's shown he can get hot .

Right now the worst thing you can say about our role players is that they are "inconsistent" or "limited" but like you said they've come up big plenty of times already this season .

MDA is shooting him self in the foot by not even giving them a chance .

Hell even hartenstein has played well half the time .

shvedsucks likes this.
  16. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I know I'm going to get bashed for this, but I'll keep saying it: we need another coach desperately. There's a reason MDA has had one postseason failure after another. He is simply not good at timely adjustments and minutes management to keep key players rested for the important moments. There's extensive history behind his flawed resume now. There are patterns. If you want to be a homer and conveniently ignore them, fine, but they're there. His stars have either gotten injured or extremely tired by the postseason or even towards the end of games where it was crucial.

I firmly believe that Chris Paul and Harden (two superstars) made that team what it was last year along with the great defense they were surrounded by (great roster structured by Morey). This year, the Rockets have somehow survived this stretch because Harden has shot lights out and played really well in general, not because D'Antoni has been making smart adjustments throughout the games. "Do your thing, Harden" is not a game plan made by a championship-level coach. Maybe it's what Mark Jackson would do or Scott Brooks or Billy Donovan, but it's not coaching. These are coaches who rely on their main stars to play well and bail them out when the team isn't performing well.

He's wearing out his key players. He doesn't know who to play when they're playing well (Gary Clark, hell even Isaiah Hartenstein might've made a dent in this game since Nene was out). He doesn't call timeouts until the other team has already made a huge run and is up by 8. I honestly haven't seen any quality coaching. Capela still does the same ****, rotating onto the perimeter players. So, not even that change has been consistently made.

shvedsucks and J.R. like this.
  17. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You think that's because of Harden or because of MDA?

shvedsucks likes this.
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

I sure as hell don't trust MDA to call timeouts to kill runs. And I definitely don't trust him to play guys who are hot and rest guys who are cold.

I pointed this out in the game thread. Gary Clark was a +12 in 5 minutes and predictably didn't play after a great stretch. Inexplicable.

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

No he’s not. We didn’t have to lose. We lost because of poor strategy and missed opportunities. I know the bucks are great and Giannis is great, but being close wasn’t the only option. They should’ve won this game.

Also, some of tonight should be on Clint. You can’t get outplayed in the paint by Brogdon

hakeem94, shvedsucks and BasketMAD like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright, I've come to the conclusion that every time we lose its on MDA, thats fine,its whatever.

Rocket River likes this.