1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I don't believe in that analytical crap"-- Charles Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Pow! Right in sack!

:grin:

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's obviously not a numbers oriented guy, just look how poor he is at counting calories

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who knows? Charles seems to think that "analytics" means you only get guys with 3.0+ college GPA from Harvard, Stanford, Cal or Duke (3.2 if we are talking Cornell). I dont think analytics cares about a player's spelling ability if he has Lebron level talent-- it is all about on-court production. In fact, I am certain that analytics would say you absolutely want a guy like Charles Barkley even if he says plenty of dumb things and doesn't believe in analytics.

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Of course he doesn't; the man can't add.

5. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Agree with this.

I was reading the quote from Charles and didn't understand why he suddenly changed topic and started talking about a player's off court intelligence. I thought "wow, what a short attention span that he couldn't keep talking about the same topic for more than 2 sentences".

I then started reading the comments and realized, no he didn't changed topic, he just believes that 2 totally unrelated ideas were in fact the exact same thing.

What does analytics have to do with a player's off court intelligence? You can be the dumbest @$$ player in the world and turn up with great analytical stats.

Charles is a true dumb @$$ crazy dude. But I still love the guy... he's entertaining to watch, and gave it his all in the Rockets red, white and navy blue.

6. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Charles Barkley for the win ! lmao classic Charles :)

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Charles should talk less, and listen more.

8. rinklob

rinklob Member

What are you talking about? Simmons isn't an advanced stats guy at all and has even said some pretty ignorant things about advanced stats being useless to him. Zach Lowe is more of a stats guy.

Also Simmons is probably one of the best basketball personalities in terms of actually knowing his **** the mainstream out there. Worlds better than clowns like Barkley, Shaq, Magic, etc.

9. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Charles is half a bubble off plumb, but I'd listen to just about anything he has to say.

10. JBar

JBar Rookie

I actually think Sir Charles intuitively understands analytics better than he lets on. For instance, I've heard him analyze box scores and say "You can't just look at how many he made for how many he attempted; you've got to consider foul throws and three pointers." Yeah, Charles, that's called true shooting percentage. Advanced stat. Analytics...

11. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Don't care how right or how wrong he is, as long as he's still on "Inside the NBA," the man can say whatever he wants.

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Charles at it again....

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I can't tell the difference.......:eek:
    There is one difference Rodman has 5 rings......;)

[​IMG]

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He could count alright.

Barkley: "They are going to double Hakeem. They're gonna double Drexler. And they're gonna double me. That's six guys." :grin:

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Better than Shaq!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NsvcZXywlVs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

The Chuck Wagon is an entertainer, not an analyst. This thread is proof of both.

I do find him very entertaining, but I don't take his opinions seriously. I doubt he does either. :cool:

17. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

He doesn't know what he's saying

18. AXG

AXG Member

Do the opposite of what Barkley says

19. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta love the Chuckster.

Even when he's wrong, he's entertaining.

Always enjoyed his trash talking... pretty funny clips here w the Rockets:

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/dj-6Rh6CVww&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/dj-6Rh6CVww&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

20. Reach

Reach Member

Almost ironic considering Barkley put up godly advanced stats during his pro career.