1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I can't do it anymore.

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by soupman, Apr 22, 2013.

1. soupman

soupman Member

I have been a Rockets fan since the '77-'78 season with Malone, Lucas, Tomjanovich, Murphy, Reid, Dunleavy, and Newlin. I have followed them through good times and bad, and that pursuit has always brought me pleasure. It still does. It has never been without frustration, but I have found there to be very little in life that brings pleasure that does not also bring frustration. C'est la vie. This season has been as enjoyable and as frustrating as any I can recall. I have enjoyed it very much, and look forward to the rest of the playoffs.

I found Clutchfans a few years back. I don't post often. I prefer to read the posts of others and reflect on the comments, positively or negatively, much as one does listening to Talk Radio. It has complemented well my enjoyment of the team over recent years. Thank you, all you who provide this site. My appreciation for it has been long overdue.

But something has happened that has destroyed my pleasure to come here. It started initially when Yao came and hostility and childishness erupted between so-called YOFs and YOHs. It was nonsense, but it was endurable. However, the negativity of people then has exploded into the negativity of today. I do not understand the childishness of it, and there is no end to it: McHale must go, Harden is bad for the team, Lin is garbage, Parsons is overrated, Patterson is trash, Asik needs to be traded," and it goes on and on. Reason is out the window. I have no problem with constructive criticism or game play critiques. But the outright hostility towards these young players and their coaches, well, it is the stuff of elementary school playgrounds. You guys suck the fun right out of this board.

I can't come here anymore, Clutch. The inmates have taken over the asylum. I wish you could banish these trolls but, alas, I realize such is unrealistic. It takes too much time and now, alas, there are just too many of them. This is an imperfect team...a work in progress. It has a number of weaknesses that I hope are resolved through experience, practice, dedication, and roster changes as necessary. But I root for them every game, collectively and individually. Negativity never won anyone anything.

I hope things improve here, but I just cannot take it anymore. This has been my first and last thread. I apologize for the rant to those who may be offended. Go Rockets!

3 people like this.
  2. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

It's just the internet, dude.

3. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

There will always be player-only fans who sign up on team boards unfortunately.

4. rob1

rob1 Member

At least Yao was a great player. I can only hope Morey will trade Lin so I dont need to deal with this much drama with someone who is not even good to begin with.

5. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Tell me which team right now would trade for lin. Smh, just deal with it.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree, this board is a reflection of the "internet universe." It is annoying but if you learn which posts to skip, there are enough "basketball oriented" posters to make the board an interesting place in spite of all the "static." I am sick of the White threads and the Harden/Lin bashing, but overall, still a great site.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Ignore list brah.

8. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Lol you are the exact type of person OP is talking about.

9. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Let it go man. The way i see it there are just some things and people you don't need pay attention to, otherwise it will just make your blood boil.

Like me, i only spend 10% of my effort reading the posts here in the GARM, the other 90% goes to the boobies and butt cheeks in the Hangout.

thou 90% of my efforts goes to t*tties, it doesn't mean i care less 1 bit about the Rockets.

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

1. Don't click on threads with negative titles. If you happen to click one, read the OP and if you have a bad feeling about it, get out!

2. Stay away from GARM after every loss. If you really miss CF, visit NBA Dish instead.

Great job! This is exactly the kind of reply OP doesn't want to read about.

11. rob1

rob1 Member

I know. Your point is?

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think Clutch should go back to allowing people to post threads after a certain amount of posts, and post comments after a certain amount of time. I know it's business, but that would minimize the trolling and threads that just don't make any sense.

I don't mind the occasional laugh, but right now its just going overboard.

13. rob1

rob1 Member

Riiight JJHardLin :)

14. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Good post

I feel for ya too

I for one actually don't care if we win or lose but as long as we play basketball the RIGHT way and the team just plays hard. That to me is all we can ask right

It is frustrating that we have become a one on one circus (we should just be like a hockey team) and have a few of our guys hang out on the otherside and play defense only. Our plays actually wont change much

Really miss the old days of team ball

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

REPPED

OP needs to learn selfmastery...nobodys anoying nobody ever ..people are doing it all to themselves...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I feel your pain. I hope you reconsider but I understand if you don't.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

It's a great source for finding out about Rockets' news first, but not a primary source for sharing or debating opinions.

1 person likes this.
  18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

If I were you I would have suggested to Clutch to prevent you from posting a certain amount of time regardless of how many post you already have.....boy that would taught you a lesson! But unfortunately I am not you, so I won't suggest something like that...some threads that make not any sense can teach you the greatest lessons...diamonds are hidden everywhere...this is what life taught me!
    [​IMG]

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I don't know why you have to announce this to us... but... meh... to each his own. I like you because you're a Rockets fan, but... this is some stuff we don't need... the bickering and the fights, and the bad fans... just ignore that. You take teh internets too seriously, man. :eek:

Learn to ignore the smoke.

Trolls gon' troll.

GO ROCKETS!!!! :cool:

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well, you can use the ignore list feature, ignoring all the trolls, makig the threads easier to read, so you would only read the posts from the posters that you think its worth it.