1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I can't believe that the grizzlies are on the brink of a conference finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, May 15, 2013.

1. Crazy

Crazy New Member

Reading other teams message boards and reading this message board, I'd say the Rockets have the most knowledgeable fans.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I thought they would come out the west last yr if randolph was healthy. They were playing very well with Rudy Gay. As soon as Hollinger came in a the trade rumors started, they struggled. After a lil blip post trade, they played pretty well. I like their elements and the foundation of their team.

I've debated on this board for yrs about how good Zach is. We've had threads bashing him a lot on this board. He's always been one of the best post players in the nba and he's always been agreat rebounder. When chuck hayes was asked who was the toughest guy to guard,his 1st 2 names were zach and al. Zach and Gasol lay to rest the stretch 4 theory with big guys. Neither of those guys are stretch, yet, they function very well together.

Mike Conley will never live up to his draft position,but he'd a very good pg. He's matured and showed why he is and was better than lowry. Conley does everything well except shoot the 3 ball,but his handle and decision making are top shelf.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No...

4. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

The way that every player in the Griz is stepping up. I'd be surprised if they didn't win the conference finals.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The Grizz's GM is probably the most underrated GM in the league. None of their core guys other than Conley started their career in Memphis.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Jerry West?

Yeah he has done an unbelievable job for that team.

7. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

This has been said before in this thread, but all the people bashing Memphis for the Gay trade as simply a bad salary dump and bashing advanced stats for saying that this trade could very work out fine in terms of basketball have serious egg on their face. Memphis managed to salary dump while getting better, how often does that happen?