1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I cannot WAIT until the return of CLOWNEY, can you?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SwoLy-D, Oct 10, 2014.

?

I cannot wait. Can you?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2014.
  1. I cannot wait, either! He will wreak havoc and we will win!

58.3%
  2. He will have some impact, but we will still lose.

21.3%
  3. He will have NO impact.

4.6%
  4. Who's Clowney?

4.6%
  5. Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!

11.1%
  1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

You exaggerate because your position is weak. I'm not "writing him off" as injury prone. I'm saying 1) he's seems fragile 2) it's not unreasonable to to think he is injury-prone. Clowney had 3, THREE, 3 injuries within 2 months... 2 of which required surgery causing him to miss significant time. Any one of those injuries alone in a vacuum aren't all that significant, it's the totality of them that's alarming. I'm still hoping for the best... cross my heart and hope to die.

2. conquistador#11

everyone wanted a Luck vs. Watt showdown, and it was just that. watt and no one else versus luck.
    we almost got away with it too if not for those pesky kids on special teams.
    clowney will provide so much help for everyone on that line.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Hell naw

I'm just keeping the bandwagon warm for you guys ;)

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I don't think you understand what a prepared statement is.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There are many levels of preparation when it comes to putting out statements, it can be something as simple as a person giving the speaker talking points and as complex as being fully scripted. Did you really think BOB was going to come out at a press conference and throw the organization under the buss when they are currently being sued for the exact issue? C'mon man, work with me here.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

That was his third injury since training camp started. If that was his only injury this far, I'd agree that it was unlucky. When freak injuries keep happening to the same guy, at some point it isn't just coincidence.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not really true, he had surgery for a hernia which he had all last year....but that's not a new injury, he had a concussion, but in football pretty much everyone gets a concussion at some point, and he had had the knee injury from a shoddy field. The knee injury is the only thing that is serious and it was a fluke injury.

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I just want to see if he will command a double team .. I want to see how much disruption he can cause.

9. Brando2101

Again, you don't understand what a prepared statement is. If he came out and read a statement from a piece of paper that would be something that was written specifically for that purpose. In your world, anything anyone says is a prepared statement if they thought about the subject before hand. A prepared statement is a term. Breaking it down into what the base words might mean illustrates a lack of understanding in how that term is used in the media and basic PR. Had you even seen the interview? You have never once mentioned O'brien in the maybe 20 posts you've made about the subject. Just about what Swearinger said.

Also, 1:38 http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20140...gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000390995&tab=recap

As O'brien so ineloquently put it (which is odd for a "prepared statement") there is no video evidence to show that his foot sank into the field. Clowney wasn't even looking down to see where his foot was. It's very clear that his foot stops on a flat plane.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I saw the statement, and I realize that the franchise is currently being sued over an injury caused by the exact same thing so it's obvious to me that BOB would be told what to say on the issue and I never expected him to throw the organization under the bus on the issue. What it comes down to is that I trust what the actual player said right when the injury happened more than I trust what a representative of the team said in a press conference about it after the fact. If BOB gives ANY credence to him injuring himself by stepping in a hole then it would immediately be used in the lawsuit against the team. You dismiss that, but it should be obvious.

11. Brando2101

This is a good point. Still, their is 0 indication that his foot slid or sank into the field. He appeared to just come down awkwardly and his knee buckled under the pressure of his momentum downward and the sudden impact against the field.

12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Enough of the he said/she said talk. Sheesh.
    Sounds like a couple of lawyers presenting arguments in court. There is a reason that people don't want to be jurors you know. It's typically a waste of your time and pays only 5 bucks a day.
    Your arguments pays even less than that. Give it up already.
    The jury declares a mistrial...... Now, on to real football talk.

How is it that someone is saying they think Clowney will be BETTER than JJ?

JJ has been called one of the greatest defensive players in decades. Even Michael Strahan admitted that JJ is 'better' than he was. But Clowney will be better!?
    That would be great.
    We're all excited to get Clowney back and we all hope he wreaks havoc with JJ.
    They would be the Dynamic Duo.
    But let's don't put a crown on his head yet. He's got a LONG way to go to surpass what JJ has done so far.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I'd just rather Watt not be tripled teamed

14. Remii

Remii Member

Sound like cheap cracker jack box lawyers... They are definitely no Matlock, Jack McCoy, or even My Cousin Vinny...

Comparing Clowney to J.J. is very disrespectful to what J.J. has accomplished. They don't respect what J.J. is doing when they make statements like that. Puts a lot of unfair pressure on Clowney as well. Right now Clowney just needs to get healthy and stay available to play. That's the 1st step to being like J.J.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Comparing Clowney to JJ is natural for fans, not disrespectful to JJ. JJ's greatness makes people want to project the same for Clowney, no matter how unlikely/unfair that is.

Because they are on the same team, JJ is the standard that will be used to measure Clowney. Same thing happened to Andrew Luck coming in after Peyton Manning, who has accomplished quite a lot over a long period.

Can't wait for both guys to be on the field together.

16. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

He will definitely make some impact plays and take some pressure off Watt and that will make a difference.
    I just hope they make sure he is good to go and that he stays healthy.
    He too will make some rookie mistakes but overall, his impact should be a plus for this team.

17. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

The only thing I CANNOT wait for is a real QB....Fitz put a valiant effort this offseason, but unless you have a QB that can WIN you games, you don't stand a chance.

Whats sad is we wasted AJ's talent, now we are wasting JJ's and Arians....its Championship or BUST..right now its bust...

18. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Doesn't matter who we have lined up next to JJ...as long as we don't have a QB that can flat out win you games, you suck in this league.

19. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I can't wait to see the excuse for his next injury. Maybe he could go with the Moises Alou fell off a treadmill excuse.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well keep hope alive that there will be another injury or that narrative will die.