1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I cannot WAIT until the return of CLOWNEY, can you?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SwoLy-D, Oct 10, 2014.

?

I cannot wait. Can you?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2014.
  1. I cannot wait, either! He will wreak havoc and we will win!

58.3%
  2. He will have some impact, but we will still lose.

21.3%
  3. He will have NO impact.

4.6%
  4. Who's Clowney?

4.6%
  5. Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!

11.1%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's actually impressive what Bob has done with the team despite getting zero help from the draft

2. Nook

Nook Member

Did Brooks or Slob miss games with a tummy ache back to back years? Did Brooks and Slob miss time with a tummy ache after missing 6 of the 7 prior weeks?

Clowney missed time in college for random ****, missed time in the preseason and now the regular season. Hopefully Clowney plays Sunday but his rookie year has been an absolute failure. He has done nothing to distance himself from his reputation.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

I must admit these issues are starting to lend themselves to frustration for me. I've been cautiously optimistic, but there does seem to be a disturbing pattern developing here. I hope he plays and plays his ass off, but I'm about as confident of that happening right now as I am of a Joey Dorsey jump shot.

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Maybe his knee swelled up and this whole stomach bug is a cover up?
    But if he really has the stomach flu it does take about 4 days to recover.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[​IMG]
    - credits to FOX sports No Filter Katie Nolan

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

It is starting to look like Clowney is "clowning" the Texans. The season is over half over and his contribution has been nil. This is pattern going back to his career at SC.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This experience has taught me that I actually can wait.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Denial aint just a river

And no Cushing either. The defense was extra crappy to past 2 years he went down. He should've not played this season yet.

610 radio host said he saw Clowney on Monday and he looked healthy.A person could easily get sick 3 days later, but he thought it seemed suspicious. Hopefully it's just the flu and he plays. Beating PHI would be huge.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, what a terrible fanbase.

11. Buck Turgidson

That's about the dumbest goddam thing I've ever heard.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

You can leave...

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Or I can just hold out hope that some day the fanbase will get more intelligent....

If it was just a problem with a certain segment of fans at one site or whatever, then I'd leave, but this isn't a CF Texans forum problem, the problem is throughout the fanbase. Houston might be an original AFL city, but they certainly have the fanbase of an expansion team.

14. Win

Win Contributing Member

I don't see how you can blame negativity towards Clowney on the fanbase... I suspect Philly and NY fans (not to mention their media) would be alarmed as well. If not hostile. I'm pretty sure his career will be like Bosworth's. God, I hope I'm wrong.

He is clearly behind the 8 ball to prove doubters wrong and and not vice versa.

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

a fanbase who sells out NRG every week despite a dismal franchise...

yea, we're "terrible".

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Alarmed about him being sick? If they were, I'd think less of them for it just the same. Even bringing up people like Brian Bosworth, who busted out of the league because of having "60 year old shoulders", in relation to someone getting sick is exactly what I'm talking about. At one point, I'd say something like "c'mon we're better than this" but I realized that simply isn't the case. The Texans fanbase simply isn't better than that. If people were expressing that kind of concern about Louis Nix, I could understand it. He was drafted with terrible knees and hasn't been able to get healthy. That's totally and completely different than someone who injured his knee on our awful field then got the flu. Texans fans have been itching to bash Clowney every chance they get, even inventing controversy to keep it going.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Terrible in the sense that they are ignorant, not that they don't show up. I pointed out that it seems like they are the fanbase of an expansion team for a reason. If you didn't know it, you wouldn't think that Houston was an original AFL city based on the football IQ of the Texans fanbase.

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

dont take him seriously... clowney was his draft crush, and it's hard to see the truth when jaded.

texans desperately need clowney to pan out, but so far he's proving his red flags & former coaches right.

it's just one thing after another for this guy. lets hope he can get some proper playing time so his 2nd year is not essentially his rookie season.

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

while i agree with all of the above.. i think a fans frustration with clowney's recovery timeline from his knee injury + now the flu is totally understandable.

playing through the flu is a lot to ask, but it does not erase a frustrating season for the top overall pick.

i hope it's the flu & not his knee. who really knows.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It would be 'ignorant' to not know that clowney has a history and a reputation of injury, doesnt give all, and babying out of games.

It would be 'ignorant' to not know that the dude hasnt been on the field with hernia this and meniscus that.

So ignorance is based in knowledge of fact?

it is 'ignorant' to not know what 'ignorant' means.

I wouldnt even address you, but you are so god damn right about everything.. its painful.