1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I blame Morey for . . .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Oct 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I do think Morey is overrated as a GM, partly because everyone here hypes him up so much. Look at the results, what has he done? It seems all the players he plucked out of the draft (brooks, scola, landry etc.) have been solid additions, but there has been no big time superstar.

He has had 1 second round appearance on his resume.

You can blame T-Mac, blame Yao etc. but don't actually crown him a messiah until he has DONE SOMETHING.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Complete and utter failure on the part of the OP. The stupidest part: Trotting out the old, and patently untrue, stereotype that people who utilize statistics don't watch the game.

Actually, they probably watch more games than you do. Caring enough to study advanced statistics demonstrates a passion for the game beyond somebody who "just watches" it like a couch potato.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Basically he's said something like, "We're not looking to trade anyone, but we're open to talking to people and if a deal makes sense we'll do it." I don't have any problems with that, at all. Its not like he's getting on Twitter and posting, "By the by, if these players don't shape up, they're going to get shipped out."

He's never said anything dismissive about his team's talent, other than acknowledging the obvious when questioned that we don't have superstar talent on the team. Should he say "I'm satisfied with the players we have" when asked if he's trying to improve the team? That might suit you, because you're under the impression that he's already put together a championship roster. But (a) he'd be lying and (b) it would be unfair to a ton of paying fans who recognize that this team is not in a position to be passive when it comes to upgrading talent.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I blame Morey for selecting Miguel to win his seats for the preseason game a few weeks back.

5. Albertx3Gx

Albertx3Gx Member

I blame Morey for not increasing the efficiency of the GARM.

We have too many one-dimensional posters and our vets are slow and on the decline. Their posts have noticeably lost a step or two.

We should trade all these assets we've accumulated for a leet superstar poster.

I'll go as trade fodder...

6. tomato

tomato Member

Some more realism: Don't cheer for a team until they've WON SOMETHING! I sat quietly at the Toyota Center on Saturday with my silence cascading over the entire Rockets bench. They kept turning back around to see what that feeling was, and it was me.

7. il italiano

il italiano Member

Fans like you make rockets fans look pathetic. its ****ing opening night, empty seats and the crowd was dead

8. flashsky

flashsky Member

we can think of more. :)