1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I blame Morey for . . .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Oct 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he is great as an asset manager etc, but as a people manager, the jury is still out.

DD

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

I noticed the loudest are the ones thinking to themselves that Rockets would be contending. Time to adjust your expectations. Two road games against two hot teams and a disappointing home loss, this 3 game losing streak in the stretch could happen in any given year. It's just we hit it early this year. I am more interested in seeing how Rockets react to it. I have no illusions that they are contenders as of right now.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is craptacular. The Rockets as an organization have a lot of great things, but the manager is not one of them.

Morey sucks compared to CD.

4. DaDakota

Interesting, I do think CD was a very good people person......but his asset management left a lot to be desired.

So you think we swung too far in the other direction?

DD

5. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

The Rockets should be playing to contend EVERY YEAR. What's the point if they are not?

6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Absolutely.

The Rockets had a whole season to adjust for being without Yao Ming but even with Yao back, we are not as good as we were when Morey took over.

7. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

And just to respond to the OP's question....

...I don't blame Daryl Morey for what's happening (which is nothing, at least this early in the season).....

....and I don't blame Rick Adelman for anything, either. He's obviously not on board with doctors dictating playing time instead of merit.

Put playing time and player rotation decisions in the hand of the players and coaches...where it belongs.

That's the ONLY way to find out what you need and where you need to go.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

They are not right now. Take the Lakers game for example, after the Lakers tightened the defense, we played poorly. The same was true in the Denver game. So it's not just missed opportunities, shooting woes, etc in the game. It's we are not that good, especially rebounding and defending. Offensively, still not comfortable playing w/ Yao in the middle. Many of these can change and I believe they might become a contender as the season progresses. I never expected they would be the race horse out of the gate as many expected them to be.
    At full strength, do I think they have a shot at the Lakers. Yes. A shot that's all I am asking for. Just a reality check.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Reality check.

Our team is simply not good enough to contend for the title.

We might hit second round, and if we're lucky the conference finals, but that's as far as we'll get with this current team at it's current status.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So which is it -- is Morey a bad GM because he's still trying to upgrade the talent of the team and that's hurting people's feelings, or is he a bad GM because the talent isn't good enough?

Maybe the talent is pretty good but not great, he realizes that, and he's trying to make the team better because the objective is to win championships. Maybe he trusts players will be professionals and do their job without paying mind to trade rumors.

11. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^LOL... there was a dude dressed in a beaker costume at the Ranger game last night...

Its still early, so I won't push the panic button yet...but I sure hope we figure this out soon...Morey put this team together, let's hope RA can make it work...

13. redao

redao Member

With all the resource Morey had, Rockets became a team without even one all star from a team with two super stars. That was an epic failure.

1 total national TV broadcast in two years<-----------another stat that Morey needs to study.

14. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Are you suggesting that another GM could turn 2 injury weakened stars in non-injured stars?

15. DaDakota

Maybe Morey should stop saying that in public and seeking the attention about it.

It is better to keep some things to yourself and realize these are human beings too.

I am impressed for the most part with his business sense, but again, as for his people managemnet skills so far, mixed bag for me.

DD

#95 DaDakota, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  16. SunsRocketsfan

what are you smoking... let's not forget CD gave out some of the worst contracts in basketball..

Let's not forget some of those crappy white PG's we had

17. SunsRocketsfan

Morey's one really bad move as a GM so far was trading Gay for Battier..

18. DaJet

DaJet Member

LOL, we weren't gonna even draft Gay if we knew Battier wasn't a part of a deal.

We were gonna get Thabo Sefelosha.

Gay was never gonna be a Rocket, with or without Battier.

19. SunsRocketsfan

well that would also be a really bad move by Morey if he didnt pick up Gay. Most scouts/media had Roy/Gay as interchangeable.

They both turned out to be really good players.

and Battier sucks

20. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

We are 0-3 when the opposing team scores more.