1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I blame Morey for . . .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Oct 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. rox81

rox81 Member

You have to admit, that would be pretty exciting. And it may even benefit us in the long term. Well, not if he left as a free agent, but if we traded him to Miami for picks it may benefit us... and make the NBA a whole lotta lotta more excitin'!

So, who else uses - or knows someone who uses - "taking my talents to South Beach" as a euphemism for taking a dump? I know someone who does and it never fails to crack me up. Probably by next spring I won't feel this way.

2. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

this team has got too many good players that can play so nobody is getting familliar with everybody. chemistry just wasn't there.

I blame morey to bring too many good players and trading our most exciting player Carl Landry, Man , i miss that beast :mad:

3. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

i would wait for a few more games before blaming Morey for his stats philosophy...

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Am I missing something? I was frequenting this board long before Morey took over. I don't remember people just forgetting stats back then. Rebounds, Points scored, FG%, assists, etc. etc. etc.

Perhaps the OP is thinking of making the NBA not about winning and losing anymore. That it should be like watching a dance or figure skating, where we judge teams based on how they look aesthetically rather than how productive they are at putting more balls into the basket than their opponents.

5. RX2012

RX2012 Member

I don't blame morey for anything...he's done a great job to bring the deepest team I've ever seen for the rockets...one of the deepest squads of all time.

As for Carl Landry, it was a smart move. He wanted to get paid like a supertstar and he ran into trouble with that shooting, he had bad karma.

When we start winning then everyone will want to blame Morey...God it will never end.

1 person likes this.
  6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

and take these as your going away present

[​IMG]

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jebus, Bo6!

I was going to rate this thread with high marks, but I will refrain from rating it at all due to the baseball comment. Just because we are 0-3 doesn't mean that baseball deserves to be bashed.

8. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

heypartner, sound like you got the gumption to do such a thing. It wouldn't hurt to include pics in your post, either. ;)

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I blame Morey for fostering a roster that is uneasy and worried about being traded.

While other organizations lock down their better players, he continues on this trend of "No extensions, no exceptions" forcing the players to feel a lack of loyalty from the Rock org.

I believe this plays on their minds, and even Scola admitted that once the trade deadline passes last year he felt more comfortable.

If the Rockets like Yao and Brooks, they should have extended them this year.

Teams that extend their better players are more stable, and more settled.

The constant feeling of "Will DM trade me" seems to make the team feel like they are walking on shifting sand.

DD

10. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Talk about the pick and roll.........WE DON'T RUN IT ENOUGH ON OFFENSE AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEFEND IT AT THE OTHER END OF THE COURT

Talk about defensive rotations........WE HAVE DEFENSIVE ROTATIONS?

Talk about ball or player movement.......WHEN YAO MOVES TO THE BENCH OUR DEFENSE MOVES ALONG WITH HIM

How is that? :p

All kidding aside I agree whole heartedly....the board has gotten infested with a bunch of knee jerk reactionaries who have no patience or rationalization skilz...

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only stat that matters to me is the score at the end of the game, and the Rockets seem to have lost that battle too many times for my tastes.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Sounds like a cop out to me. First, these are grown men that understand the NBA is a business. They're professionals so things like that should not bother them on court. It's part of the game. For weak minded players, sure it might be a problem. But I don't think we have those type of characters on this team. Honestly, we're not a championship contender if our guys are letting the possibility of getting traded get to their mind. I don't buy it.

13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Totally agree.

RR,

I can enjoy basketball without getting into discussion of wierd statistics. I can do the same with baseball. They're both great games, and worth watching.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is there any evidence that the Rockets play worse as the trade deadline approaches?

Does someone have any stats on that? ;)

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're right. Baseball bashing shouldn't require a special occasion.

:p I kid. I may not be a baseball fan but I don't enjoy bashing a sport.

16. da Whopper

da Whopper Member

So can I, but I find that certain stats help me understand the game better. Granted this applies more to baseball than basketball. Baseball is much easier to break down statistically than basketball.

At some point Morey has to produce or he'll be known as the basketball equivalent of a poor man's Billy Beane.

17. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

LOL^^

18. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

here, here
    say it load and proud my good man

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here is the thing, if you have to manage people and make a related decision like whom to lay off, and the entire staff knows that layoffs are coming...try running productivity numbers.

That is what is going on with Morey right now.

DD

20. deshen

deshen Member

As I said last year, Morey is a below average GM. Many of our fans dare not admit it.