1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I blame Morey for . . .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Oct 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DaJet

DaJet Member

I blame Morey for the increase in gas prices. SMH. :grin:

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

What I like about advanced stats is it always gives guys on your team a JUSTIFIABLE chance at being better than how they appear.

You can extrapolate to root for your team MORE, instead of saying "Kyle Lowrycan't ball, he can't shoot!" Then the advanced stats might support what you SEE in Kyle Lowry.

A top 15 ranking of rebounds per game are generally the best 15 rebounders. BUT, you can give your guys credit saying IF Jordan Hill played the same minutes as Al Horford, then he'd get the same numbers.

Using stats as full-on replacements for human senses, I'm not a big fan of that either. Peak efficiency CAN work in SPORTS, but people want that to carry over into everyday living and it just makes life boring. They're good people at heart, but I'm not really looking forward to becoming like Japan :)

3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

The worst part is there are too many little Morey's on here who'll make idiotic arguments based +/- stats. Plus minus are great when used correctly. But when a clutchfan poster tries to argue Kevin Martin's a better player than Carmelo Athony based on some "per" stat or "+/-" efficiency percentage, i think you need to watch more basketball games :rolleyes:

4. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

That's actually a good thing considering we're trying to win a championship

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Germany hereby apologizes to Carl Herrera's friend and to heypartner!

1 person likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We deal with some unique stuff here nowadays here at CF. Yao brought in a crap load of fans from China. Now Morey brings all of the statistical analysis people. Its an interesting place to be these days.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

No worries, Dampier is about to save the day! :rolleyes:

8. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Stats are for losers. You keep looking at stats, we'll keep trying to get wins.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thats usually how life works.

10. harryrms

harryrms Member

Honestly, I blame him for trading Ariza. It's pretty obvious that Shane is delining quick. Morey got Kmart to pair with AB, which is very strong offensively but very poor defensively. This back court desperately need help in defense. Now that Shane can't even lock down his own man, the Rocket defense is nonexistent (doesn't matter if Yao or Hayes is in the middle). We gave up 351 in three games! You don't win games like that. But then again, all these are what Les wanted, more offense, more scoring. Who cares about defense (except for JVG)?

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

haha. I love JVG, but take solace in the fact that Memphis had a really bad defense, then the Lakers steal Gasol away and everyone is now saying Gasol's defense won them a championshiop.

m a y b e

but I bet Scola was not 0-12 in playoffs games like Gasol, pre-trade. Actually, I looked that up, Scola has indeed won a playoff game by himself with no star. Can anyone tell me who Scola beat?

12. gatsby

gatsby Member

This is the best thread in the GARM right now.

tm

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I blame Obama.

14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Rumour said the Ariza trade has much to do with his relationship with Brooks. So it is likely to be a Ariza vs Brooks situation more than Ariza vs Battier.

Now, who's your pick, Ariza or Brooks, if you were the GM?

p.s. As I said already, it's rumour.

15. flashsky

flashsky Member

I blame Moorey at trading C Landry but not bring Andre Iguodala or Anthony here.

16. CoolStoryBros

CoolStoryBros Member

Insert facepalm emoticon

17. da Whopper

da Whopper Member

Surely you meant the TeaPartyRushLimbaughSarahPalinGlennBeckFoxNews.

More seriously, the jury is still out on Morey. There is nothing wrong with his philosophy. If there is a problem, it's one of execution.

He is an interesting cat, but I wonder if he's starting believe his on press clippings about being some sort of genius.

18. Btop

Btop Member

I predict that the Rocket will win the next 10 games in a row then you guys will calm down save this post and quote me. 10 in a row

19. SunsRocketsfan

I blame MOREY for TRADING for BATTIER

Rudy Gay is putting up 22 pts and 8 rebs this year... compare that to Battier's stats.. I dont care what kinda stupid intangibles he brings

20. rox81

rox81 Member

Hubba hubba!

;)