1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I bet on Rockets -1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brown Juice, May 6, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

i certainly don't see losing near 300 as a "win" if the rockets win, but hey to each its own

2. Mr Chuck Norris

You know what is better. Betting on the rockets and then winning.

BaselineFade likes this.
  3. marky :)

marky :) Member

Looks like a good day to bet Rockets ML.

hieuytran, bilaal14 and BaselineFade like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Its cheaper than a ticket to the actual game and guarantees me a happy outcome. Paid way more than that for a game 7 ticket last year only to watch the biggest rig job in NBA history. Felt like I got my money stolen. New Plan stay home and make money or Rockets win the ship.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

whatever mindset you have to make yourself feel better. like i said, to each its own.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

man if you value 300 more than rockets winning a chip you're not the real fan

what RHU525 and Raeljad are suggesting is the real deal...

on the second thought, if winning a lot of money when rockets are losing makes them happy perhaps they are not the real fans?

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

considering this game doesn't actually win a title for the rockets, i don't see how this applies.

Now this logic would apply if this is say the nba finals game 7 and the winner does indeed wins the ship.

like i posted earlier, personally I don't see losing 300 tonight as much of a "win" if the rockets actually pull out a game 5 win. But again, to each its own

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

You spend what you're comfortable losing. For some thats 300. In your case, imagine it was 5 dollars. You only live once right?

Doesn't make me happy if the Rockets lose. I think it's reliant on what you're rooting for. I do it to ease the pain a little and to spoil myself with something which can take my mind off the loss so my mind doesn't fixate on it so much, especially if we were screwed like last year.. Maybe my winnings will get me a new video game, maybe my winnings get me a vacation. It's Dependant on the line. It's just my personal tactic that I've found helps in games I'm heavily emotionally involved in. It's kind of a mindhack. I do the same thing for other things like my favorite UFC fighters.

RHU said it well: "Its cheaper than a ticket to the actual game and guarantees me a happy outcome. Paid way more than that for a game 7 ticket last year only to watch the biggest rig job in NBA history. Felt like I got my money stolen. New Plan stay home and make money or Rockets win the ship."

I didn't bet any on the Jazz games. I'm betting on the Warriors though because even if the Rockets don't win the ship-- IF we happen to fall short but we atleast eliminate the Warriors and then the Warriors break up as a team in the offseason that will feel good. To me, this series in particular is like the tier 2 championship series. I can sleep well at night believing the season wasn't a total loss as the Rockets literally destroyed the Warriors. My hearts invested in the series and so now I've put my backup plan in place to ease disappointment if the refs decide to screw us again.

#28 Realjad, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup id say the average gambler tries to stick to that mentality but I wouldn't say they really stick to it. either way like I said, all it is is making yourself feel better.

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Thats what I said at the beginning. Glad you agree. The entire point is literally all about making myself feel better in-case the Rockets lose, especially if they get screwed again.

Games I'm not emotionally involved in and gamble, it's about making smart choices to attain consistent profits though.