1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I believe in James Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Jan 19, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i not aware of everyone wanting lowry back but i was bored so i looked for good trades and toronto is among the best when you consider realistic trades that both teams want. the contracts are a b**** to match tho.

i def would rather have those 3 than harden after wha ti seen from him this season. the main point of trading harden is to see if we can clear more cap room thiis or nexrt summer and retool

2. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I believe in Kawhi Leonard.

Rockets fan aside and looking at the game of basketball independently, dude has been nothing short of sensational this year. His post play and turnaround fadeaway is almost unstoppable. Three point shooting up. Defense always delightful.

I used to hate the spurs but their play is such a privilege to the game of basketball.

3. malakas

malakas Member

What means i believe in harden? What is harden to believe in an ideology?
    I believe hes very talented. I also believe that hes flawed that he is coasting in defence where last year he proved he is able to play but this year he doesnt want to and i also believe that he doesnt hold himself accountable and he doesnt have the intagibles to be a leader.
    But is he talented? Yes.

4. Rocketeer4Life

Harden is fools gold.. His game has and always been a ball dominant ball stopper type of player.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thats why you trade him while he's hot, which is now asap trade him. we cna get solid pieces and buncha other stuff.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I think it's silly to give up on Harden. He just needs direction and leadership from his coach. If Houston is smart they will bring in Thibs.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">top 15 NBA jersey sales in order: Curry, LBJ, Kobe, Porzingis, KD, Rose, Westbrook, Kyrie, Harden, Butler, Klay, George, A-Davis, CP3, Melo</p>&mdash; Eric Smith (@Eric__Smith) <a href="https://twitter.com/Eric__Smith/status/689825709884358657">January 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

It is one thing to give direction and quite another for someone to accept and act on that direction...

simple fact of the matter is james has gotten too big for his britches and prob aint listening to nobody...

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Just about a week ago,

there are more than 100 million people all believed they will become an instant billionaire.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He'll reign it in eventually. I would assume with Thibs ...

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That's 100% speculation on you're part nothing more. You get him a good coach before you even think about trading him.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This!

13. ibm

ibm Member

so is the idea from you, isnt it?

but i am not against the idea of first a coaching change. practically, that's probably the right thing to do, unless an exceptional trade opportunity comes up for us expectedly (which is a remote %).

14. rocketshopeful

for those drawing Hakeem comparisons.

Hakeem never got the endorsements and the attention outside of basketball that Harden has. I am pretty sure Harden feels he has more potential outside of basketball than in basketball, currently. He feels he has scoreboard on most of everybody else because of the endorsements and the spotlight.

Therefore, his incentives are to focus on the outside. He probably doesn't realize the further he falls off from NBA stardom, his potential outside of basketball will also eventually fall drastically. He's young and he surely surrounds himself with a bunch of yes men pumping his ego up including this male turned female Khloe.

15. ibm

ibm Member

you may need to email this to his agent. :cool:

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I still love James Harden and I don't really care for his clubbing etc because by all accounts he's the hardest working player on this team.

My only issue with him is his regression on defense after being solid last year. I had hoped that fire from being embarrassed with that video would cool away after only a season. I also hoped him losing out on MVP would hurt.

Clearly he won't be an above average defender on a possession by possession basis playing the minutes he does and the offensive load he carries. Hell Jimmy Butler was a bad defender by all statistical accounts last season because of his increased work load on offense. Obviously he was still able to get the stops when they were needed. But James is reverting into his old off-ball "defense", which is hurting our defense

17. ibm

ibm Member

and you know that, how?

if he's indeed the hardest working player on the team, then we're in big trouble. how can it not be, if, after all the hardest work the only result we're seeing is regression?

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Because if you've been paying attention to our beat writers and Mchale etc, they always said he is the last one to leave the gym every time.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I have and I've never heard that about Harden. He might have done it a couple of times.