1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am so ready for Kevin Love to leave Cleveland high and dry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

You guys think that if there is any legit shot that we get Kevin Durant, that we aren't getting Kevin Love? Unless the salary cap increases to like $80M next season and then $100M the season after.. that is the only possible scenario that we can have Harden, Durant, Dwight, and Love.

2. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Even at that state, Love would be 3rd option, just like he is in Cleveland. Don't think he would want to come here anyways. I do think he will go to the Knicks or Lakers. Possibly even the Suns too... They're more competitive and have the talent at the guard position, but they have no post threat.

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well I guess he will never be a 1st option on a team that wants to win a championship. Best players on championship teams play a two-way basketball, unless you're Dirk Nowitzki and have a team built around you...

4. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I don't think he wants to be THE first option, I think he wants to be the first POST option. But if Durant came here, he'd be the 3rd option and would be camping behind the 3 point line again..

5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well, he's a first post option in Cleveland until LeBron decides he wants to play post and he's still not satisfied, so I don't know...

6. i3artow i3aller

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OjletqW6i5V/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

7. HTM

HTM Member

dude seems like a giant b*tch to me

8. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Good point... I'm thinking he'll dip for LA (Lakers) or the Knicks.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yup. Him and LeBron both will do the 1 year deals.

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

So he is going to LAL next year and Westbrook will follow in 2 years?

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought they both were signed for next season
    and
    They have Player Options or something

Rocket River

12. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

:rolleyes:

They need to read this great article and look at the facts and the stats!

Kevin Love is Not Fitting In (to your Preconceived Notions of Kevin Love Fitting In)

http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=32218

some stats from the article:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cavs are 28-6 since january 15,14-1 record agains the west. only lost to us in overtime, when lebron missed both free throws, and kevin love is a big part of their success and deserves the max.

He is ranked 10 and 11 in double doubles and rebounds, in the NBA.
    They need his rebounds and spreading the floor,(360 3pfg for a big), if they want to have a real shot at the title.

He was amazing against the grizzlies (defence and offence) in a tough away game,with 22 Pts, 10 Reb, 4 Ast, 1 Stl, 2 Blk,(10-13 fg). they won by 22. and still a top 5 power forward, and a valuable part of their team going forward.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When (ok, if) Love leaves LeBron the Knicks could be in play. <a href="http://t.co/yaPVDxG2uk">http://t.co/yaPVDxG2uk</a></p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/581106377151627264">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Windhorst: &quot;I think LeBron would rather have James Jones in the fourth quarter than, Kevin Love.&quot;</p>&mdash; ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNCleveland/status/573838733017026560">March 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Why would Love come to Houston to be a 3rd option? If he leaves, he's going somewhere to be the 1st option.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was curious about K Love's future
    If he resigns with Cavs .. . spends the rest of his career as a 17 and 10 guy
    Is that enough to be a Hall of Famer?

does his Minnesota stats mean enough for him to be a hall of famer?
    I think that is the CHRIS BOSH exception

I am curious cause i wonder if that will play a role in his long term plans

Rocket River

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'd think that Love would be above Howard as far as offensive options go if he were to join the Rockets. As far as beign the "1st option" goes-- he's had that in Minnesota.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Here we go with the scenario experts...
    This guy is not leaving, and if he does hes not coming here. For christs sake we've got Jones, Smith, Dmo

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

if lebron actually said this I am at a complete loss of words. I am hoping its just more of that d-bag windhorst trying to stir up news. Love hasnt quite fit in as well as others had hoped (and it looks like Wiggins is going to be legit), but if anyone remembers how Bosh was in Miami the first year it was pretty much the same. Bosh had to change and sacrifice his game the most. Love is still playing well and the Cavs have hit their stride at the right time too.

seriously? James Jones? I mean if only to be a spot up shooter - maybe yeah but if we are talking all aspects of basketball? no f'n way