1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am so ready for Kevin Love to leave Cleveland high and dry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's excellent and it talks into how important chemistry and being able to play with each others is. Just putting talents together isn't enough. They got to work efficiently together.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol Broussard. Love isn't leaving.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

and it will be 98% blamed on lebron

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Love leaves this will be the single most horrible trade in the last decade, and it just shows how you don't trade blue-chip assets without a long term contract in hand. Promises are just that unless there's no contract, which is why I said at the time the Cavs would be monumental idiots to trade Wiggns for Love. LOLOLOL serves them right for being so dumb, I feel bad for the Cav fans though with just Irving there I think Lebron will leave again in 2016.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think Lebron wanted the Love trade to happen, he wanted Wiggins gone (didn't mention him on his letter) and praised Love endlessly prior to the Cavs trading for him. Offensively Love and LBJ work well, Love plays outside while LBJ likes to drive inside I guess LBJ wanted to maximize his chances of winning rings and mortgaged the future to do it.

If I were the Cavs no way I'd have done that though, Wiggins would have been good as an SG defender alongside LBJ and Irving, with Mozghov playing C and their other dude playing PF.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin Love: I'm not a stretch four

7. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Love is an elite player but like Bosh, is being marginalized. I loved that Cleveland did that trade. For them, it was a bad trade. Love isn't a good fit (below average defense). But without that trade, we wouldn't have seen Wiggins develop so quickly.

Now Love is frustrated with his role and could leave after this year, and Cleveland will be left in regret from the way they treated Wiggins. Absolutely love it. LeBron shouldn't have been so disrespectful to him. And he shouldn't have done that twitter thing with Love.

And Kyrie is one of the most overrated players. Has mad skills, but hasn't ever been able to lead a team by himself past the lottery. Let's see how they do without Love.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, well, teams that gave Bosh and Love a lot of touches went absolutely nowhere

It might be good for both sides if Love leaves. Cavs would pay him a lot of money for that role

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If Love leaves, it will be for LAL. Lakers have absolutely no one.

It's up to the CLE coaching staff to utilize their players. And for Love to aggressively get his spots. A true superstar will never be marginaized; he will impose his will on his teammates, even Lebron.

Love is not a good defender; he's an elite rebounder, but CLE already has Tristan and Mozgov. I don't think they have too many 3pt shooters.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

12. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

He's gonna leave for the Lakers. Dude has roots there. Judging by his interviews, he is miserable in Cleveland.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The team that gave Bosh a lot of touches went a hella lot further than the team that gave Love lots of touches

Bosh can score much more consistently from different positions from what I see

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Love leaves Cleveland for Houston.. why? Because he loves the Hardon! Giggity!

He ain't going anywhere in LA and if he wants to win he would best be utilized here. Not that this lineup could ever truly exist but imagine:

Beverley / Free Agent
    Harden / Brewer
    Ariza / Smith
    Love / Jones
    Howard / Motiejunas

Just not enough time on the court for that much talent but that team is deep enough to sustain itself through multiple injuries and still be a top 3 team in the league.

15. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

How many games did we lose by a large lead in the 4th? Too many to count. Obviously shows how bad Moreys system is

16. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

How many times do I have to post in the wrong thread. I blame my phone

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is exactly why you never risk giving up a first round pick for a player you are not sure will stay. Yes, Lebron is the best player in the game, and yes Kyrie is a stud, but we all can see it...Love has been used terribly there in Cleveland. The Cavs couldve had a stud in Wiggins playing along side Lebron and Kyrie as a legit 2...for atleast 3-4 years on a rookie contract. Cleveland thought way too much and mortaged a future just at a chance to win this year. The Cavs continue to make foolish and irrational decisions with draft picks, trades and FA. Bad organizations find ways to ruin good things...

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

1) Not a huge loss for CLE if Love leaves. LBJ can have his pick of free agents to play with to fill Love's cap room.

2) Don't see Love coming to HOU after not liking playing third fiddle to LBJ/Kyrie. Unless McHale can work his magic.

3) Lakers seems the most likely destination.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You can't have 3 potential max type guys all on the perimeter and expect to be successful (with one being a teenager). LBJ knew Love was coming before he signed - if not, he probably wouldn't even be in Cleveland right now. Cleveland did nothing wrong here.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Love could fit in very nicely with...Minny

Rubio/Martin/Wiggins/Love/Pekovic
    Neal/Lavine/Dieng