1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am so ready for Kevin Love to leave Cleveland high and dry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Feb 3, 2015.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Stomped on Scola - screw him....

2. rocketseagles07

OKC's defense would be terrible without serge. Serge can do SOME of what Love can do on offense, Love can do NONE of what serge can do on d. I know Ibaka is having an off year but I wouldn't do that

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Ibaka is one of the premier power forward defenders in the NBA. He might even be the best. His paint protection is perhaps the best in the NBA. Yes, better than Howard and Gobert. Like many big men, he does have trouble closing out far from the basket.

[​IMG]

4. what

what Member

Without Steven Adams, he wouldn't even have a chance to protect the rim because he ain't guarding Randolph, Aldridge, etc, by himself AND protecting the rim.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You have no clue how to analyze player performance in the NBA. You have watched how many OKC games this season? You do realize that your eye test, and every other fan's eye test, is perhaps the absolutely worst way to reach a conclusion about NBA players performance? Morey does not depend on the eye test. I would recommend that you do not either.

6. AFS

AFS Member

I think Jalen is right about this. One of the biggest problems that the Cavs have is that LBJ and Love play the same position. James is a pretty decent perimeter shooter and has a reliable post game (based on past seasons). Love is a good player but is redundant next to James. They cna find a better fit, maybe a more traditional SF.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You have a very good point there. LBJ's and Love's strengths do overlap a great deal. But James is one of the very few NBA players physically able to play every position on the court. The only other one I can think of is Magic. Perhaps the Cavs are best served with a defensive SG like Shumpert? I do believe they have plenty of offense. Defense on the other hand ...

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Last year lebron shot 72% in the paint. Who do you think should work the paint, Love was 59%?

I'm the biggest Love hater. I always thought he was overrated and is so god awful on defense that I can't stand seeing he fat pilsbury looking self. That being said, if there was ever a trio that should run the triangle, its these guys. Also, there is no reason any combination of the three shouldn't run the pick n roll on every possession. All three can shoot 3, all three can shoot the 18 footer, all three can drive to the basket, and both Lebron and Love are great post players. It will be interesting how this develops in the playoffs. If they get to the conference or league finals, i would say the odds are that he stays. If they get bounced in the first round and love doesn't do well, see you later Cleveland.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I like that deal for the Cavs.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sigh. Eye test.

xRAPM last season.

[​IMG]

Effective defense against opponents this season.

[​IMG]

Those numbers are not terrible. They are somewhat worse than the average NBA power forward. But they peg him as mediocre on defense.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Kyrie is a net neutral defender while Love is a negative defender. I think Love is a hell of a liability on defense. Also, Kyrie's ability to score helps even out the disparity.

Kyrie does hurt that team dramatically in the sense that he is slow to start plays. When you couple that with the fact that LeBron is an amazing transition player, but just a good half court set player you can see why that team can have trouble scoring. This team is not elite on defense and gets into slow lulls on offense. You can't win a ring on that. If Love decided to focus a bit more on defensive improvement, and Kyrie learned to bring up the ball a bit faster we might be having an entirely different conversation here.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Love needs a traditional PG feeding him the ball

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

TJones and Capella for Love

14. rocketseagles07

Exactly. Kyrie is basically like harden not good but not TERRIBLE and his offense SOMEWHAT makes up for it. BTW lmaooooooooooo @ lebron playing "hero ball" when he's the best non pg passer in the NBA.

15. J Hard

J Hard Member

Are you like 13 or something? You're like an annoying rambling teenager.

16. rockets13champs

Cavs would be better if klove left and aldridge came

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Wow. And how did you reach that conclusion?

[​IMG]

Negative is much better than positive.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I would argue that Harden is much much better than Kyrie is at bringing up the ball. Look at most possessions, Harden is able to bring up the ball and you have guys either setting up screens for him (or other guys for back screens) with a little more than 18 seconds on the shot clock. Kyrie on the other hand brings up the ball, and with 18 ticks on the clock the play hasn't even started. Kyrie might call for a screen for himself, that shaves another 2-3 seconds, looks for an open player (another 2-3 seconds), and then makes a pass (1 second). That leaves a big like KLove having 11 seconds to make a play, and that's assuming KLove doesn't need to pass out and repost for better positioning. It doesn't leave enough time for mistakes, so you have to get it right on the first go.

Then, go on youtube and pull out LeBron's highlight reel. It is 100% creating a break or capitalizing on one (or both). The emphasis of this team isn't entirely right. You can't win on that.

19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Your username is my reaction to this post... Minus the 'h'.

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Wow... Kyrie couldn't hold Harden's jockstrap.