1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am so ready for Kevin Love to leave Cleveland high and dry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Feb 3, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Interesting on Tweets... Maybe Love wants to hold out for larger contract and not use his player option... Or he's just keeping his team focused on the finals and not his drama... Haha, I sometimes am not sure on his comments, but let's see.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, good explanation, didn't see your post before mine... Posting on mobile..

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Love on next season: &quot;I truly expect to be suiting up for Game 1.&quot; For the Cavs? Love: &quot;Yes, sir.&quot;</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/status/605078974318796800">May 31, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Q: (to the being a Cav next season) do you believe him? Or is this just PC on eve of Finals?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

On one hand you say I'll believe it when I see it.

On the other hand, he has said all year, when asked, that he will be a Cavalier next year. It'd be very easy to say "I'm not worried about next year." or [today say] "I'm focused on the here and now and supporting my team in the Finals."

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well he did specifically say he would opt in earlier this year in January

7. aumate

aumate Member

Also, you gotta factor in that, he's the one that called a Q&A. I'm sure if he was leaving, he wouldn't have done that.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The word "expect" leaves plenty of wiggle room. I am pretty sure we can dig up plenty of quotes from Tom Thibodeau saying that he "expects" to return to coach the Bulls, too.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Thibs said he "expects" to be the Bulls' coach if the Bulls "wanted" him.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Until they tell me I'm not [the coach], I expect to be here." - Tom Thibodeau

Do we think the Cavs are gonna "fire" Kevin Love? :)

Hey Kevin, your services are no longer needed/wanted.

#230 J.R., May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

"Until some team with a more attractive situation makes me a good offer, I expect to be a Cav."

Look, Love may well go back to Cleveland. But if guys like Zach Lowe, Brian Windhorst, Woj., etc. are reporting that Love is at least looking around, I tend to believe that Love will at least look around no matter what he says publicly. These guys don't just make stuff up.

If Love says anything but what he said today, if his words contained any significant degree of hedging, he becomes the #1 NBA story for a day or two when his team is preparing for the Finals and he looks like an ass for being a distraction. Of course Love doesn't want to do that. It's not like lying is against the law.

#231 Carl Herrera, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  12. malakas

malakas Member

It makes the most sense for him to opt in. But because of all the rumours by almost every source around the cavs im reluctant to believe it yet.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Love isn't a loner at all. He is out often, is friends with the Kardashians and a number of people in music and Hollywood. He isn't especially close to his teammates off the court. I think sometimes fans assume the players all hangout off the court. It happens some but not to the extent people think.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The fans and the media make it more of a drama than it really is.

15. malakas

malakas Member

All I hear is that he prefers to stay at home during the season instead of going out and party.

16. baubo

baubo Member

I think the narrative against rumors has gotten to a point where even when rumors are legit, fans dismiss them.

People dismissed Dwight Howard and all the issues with the Lakers. People didn’t expect him to leave until he did, even though rumors started for a long time. Rondo was rumored all the time but Celtics fans kept talking about how he’s a foundation for the future, then Boston dumped him for a 1st round pick. LeBron to Cleveland heated up even while people thought no way he leaves Miami. Often times, when there’s smoke there’s fire. Maybe Love won’t leave Cleveland. But he sure as hell is thinking about possible alternatives.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Agreed. Because of many so called sports journalists making "news" out of thin air and passing their own speculations as sauces fans are quick to dismiss anything. But when there is such a big number of rumours coming from many different sources and for so long u know there is definitely real smoke.

18. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Huge difference between LMA and Love. LMA can play the 5, Love can't. I agree with the clever idea upthread that Love will "opt in." Love has gone fromted to overrated in a quick period of time.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Lma doesnt want to play the 5 At ALL. He has said so repeatedly and publicly and made a big fuss in Portland to find him a center. If he thinks his new team will make him play center even for some minutes in the regular rotation forget about recruiting him.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

LOL:

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio – Kevin Love said he anticipates being in the Cavaliers' starting lineup on opening night of the 2015-16 season, but that goal was almost sabotaged.

His return from shoulder surgery was in jeopardy of being pushed back thanks to one of his teammates following the Cavaliers sweeping the Atlanta Hawks in the Eastern Conference Finals last week at The Q.

You see, Love went onto the court to join his team in celebrating and that's where things almost took a turn for the worse.

"I walk out there, the teammate will remain nameless, I go up and give him a big hug [and I said] 'congratulations' and he takes his arm and he goes, 'Ah yeah man, good game' and just hits me right on the arm," Love playfully explained. "Some of the front office staff who was out there with me kind of had to grab me and said, 'Are you OK?'"

It turns out that while orange and yellow confetti was falling from the rafters and while the trophy presentation was going on, Love was in excruciating pain.

"I had one of those moments where I was like, 'Oh man, I'm going to have to go back to the locker room. How is that going to look? Will I have to have to sit down?' So I just tried to take a deep breath, calm myself and got home and iced as quickly as [possible]," Love said.

Everyone knew, but that slap on the arm confirmed Love isn't quite ready for contact portions of practice. He's doing fine now, but it did frightened him a bit.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/05/kevin_loves_shoulder_re-aggrav.html