1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am proud of this team!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Please enough with these conspiracist theories. The Rockets did not tank. They did not choke. The Rockets played great this year. We do not have an all star and we competed till the very end. It is amazing we were in a position to compete for a playoff spot. But that happened because we overacheived not under!

I am proud of these players on the court they gave it their best! It's just their best wasn't good enough. It's like one poster said much better than I, "Hustle beats talent except when talent hustles!" We weren't out hustled we were out talented! End of story! It's time to rebuild but be proud of this team. They played their hearts out for you!

5 people like this.
  2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

You call that competing?

I call it failing.

3. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

op your optimism will not be tolerated around these parts

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Congrats to Parsons and Dragic. Those guys had great seasons. Congrats to Lowry's first half. Scola played real well in spurts of games. Camby did really well.

5. lightningferron

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think they did tried their best, but they are what they are a fringe 8th seed. If they didn't have one of the greatest melt down in the history of the nba they might have made the playoffs.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Great my ass. You don't play great and miss the playoffs.

8. Old Man Rock

We have more talent than Charlotte and Washington. Outside of that their is no team in the league we are clearly more talented than. We were never an upper echelon team.

This team as it is constructed is never going to compete for a championship and really over achieved to compete for a playoff spot. Please stop crying and accept the fact we do not have a go to star to help us win big games. None, no one. We have some overachieving 2nd rounders, mid to late first rounders, old and slow centers and and a pf that gets more out of his God given talent than should be possible.

You can put a little on McHale. He is not as good a coach as Adelman but don't hate the players. They played their hardest. They are just lacking in talent.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah,first the fans were mad because they though the team was going to suck real bad now they're mad because they though the Rockets couldn't win the WCF.

10. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

We have had enough of this "I am proud" **** for years together now

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I understand where you are coming from, I am proud of the players and dissappointed in management.

The players need help and management has not been able to provide a difference maker.

Morey seems like Casey at the plate.

DD

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

maybe they should have trade lowry for sessions, we would be the #1 seed if they did that.

13. snc

snc Member

At the root of it, sports is all about winning. We haven't come close to winning anything in over a decade... there is nothing to be proud of.

14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

God bless ya, OMR. I do love these guys.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, but Sessions is straight up playing great basketball, which kills the Lakers as a trade partner for Lowry.

DD

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

At this point it's hard to be proud of this team. This meltdown to close out the season leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

17. Old Man Rock

I agree! I am sick of just being proud of this team. But it's not the players fault. It's Les' choice and Morey agrees 100%

They would have cleaned house before the trade deadline. Trade whatever assets needed to get Andrew Bogut. Yeah he is another injury prone big but he would allow us to get rid of assets for players contributing now. ANd make us suck even more while he heals. Trade Lowry in a 3 way for Jersey's pick and maybe Portlands first also or atleast one of their high seconds. Trade Scola for a draft pick. Any draft pick.

We could have lost enough to move down for a top ten pick. And cleared cap space for one free agent plus our own. That would have started the rebuilding process. Yes we would have sucked but we might have landed Beal or who knows we could have got lucky and Landed someone better.

Next year we would have Bogut, Zeller and Camby at center. Dragic and a 2nd rd pg rookie at the point. Dmo and Ppat at the 4, Lee, Beal and Budinger at the two, Parsons, Morris and Budinger at the 3. That's a team you can build a future around. Maybe it would take a couple of years to be a playoff team again. But that's fine we get to keep our pick until we do. We get Dallas' pick probably next year. We get Llull probably next year. In two years we are a real team ready to compete and knowing Morey he could even upgrade that team with a real star when the three amigos fail again and Bosh has to go or Orlando throws Howard away.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Session is not that good. He's decent at best.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

All I care about is moral victories

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

8 must win games.. Our record.. 1-7.

Was it really McHales fault? When we were in the thick of the playoff picture while Our leading scorer and starting point guard were out, was it McHale's fault?

There may be some questionable rotation issues during that crucial 6 game stretch but at the end of the day, it was still our players who were on the court.

Not a fan of blaming anyone in particular. Our team choked when it mattered most. Simple as that.

Oh and by the way, that one win out of the 8 must win games, came from a tanking Warriors team.