1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am excited for next year already

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 22, 2015.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I am excited to defend the title next year.

1 person likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's win 3 games first.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If we had someone like Paul Pierce it would be over kill or another big center/forward on the court so when Dwight goes for a block he's got support behind him. Look at how many times Dwight defends and the paint is open behind him. Warriors are scoring about 10 points a game right now off that alone.

4. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

I agree we should go all in for Devon Booker or Mike Dunleavy Jr

Trade TJ/PAPA and our PICK for the Bulls Pick and Mike Dunleavy Jr

or to move up in the draft for Devon Booker

with the bulls pick I would take Tyus Jones

Howard/Capela
    DMO/Smith
    Ariza/Dunleavy
    Harden/Njohnson
    Bev/Jones

#64 slickricky, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  5. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I still believe we can pull this GS thing out, but as long as they continue to fight till the end, I'll tip my hat to them.

What I'm really stoked about is that you can see this team is growing, learning what it takes to get to that next level. These are truly growing pains, Harden and the team need these. The future is bright but the window only last so long. Imo Morey and Lez know this and will improve it during the off season.

I believe what this team needs more than anything is a strong PG to take the pressure off Harden and have opposing defenses have to make a choice between leaving Harden or stay with the PG. Of coarse you gotta have a true shooter at the 3.

In Morey I Trust!!

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No, no, no. Clutch put it in DD's contract that he would have to agree with Sam at least once when he was brought back to the board. Almost like a community service/show of good will stipulation. :p

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Warriors will have a number of high dollar players- Thompson, Lee, Igudola, Bogut and Draymond Green. The bargain is Steph Curry.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Are u a bulls fan ?? Why would u trade DOWN from 18 to 22 while giving up a young pf prospect for an ufa 34 y.o MDJ?

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I wonder what that means, for fans to go "all in". There's no reason we can't cheer for the team and also speculate about next season at the same time.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Only for 2 more years. Then they'll have to pay him 30+ mil a season. And he's still making 8 figures in the meantime. Green will get a huge offer this offseason which they'll have to match, but may not be able to afford. Barbosa is making just under 1 1/2 mil, so he's likely gone unless that's his market value which seems pretty low. And Speights and Barnes are both free agents after next season and will get big offers from other teams(although the cap will increase at that point).

Green is the X-factor for the Warriors. Do they match whatever deal he gets? Anyone know what the max offer is that he can receive? I assume it's at least what Parsons got which would mean a 14 1/2 mil bump in pay from what he's currently getting which is less than a mil. If Golden State can't somehow ditch Lee's contract and wound up matching a 15 1/2 mil/yr deal for Green, they'd have a payroll next season of close to 100 mil.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Greens max is around 15 mil and Gsw will pay it. Even if they cant package Lee with the 30th pick they will be in the tax only for one season. Then lee expires and the cap rises. The problem for teams is not the tax its the repeater tax.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...s-2015-david-lee-roster-free-agency-offseason

Check out that article though. If they match Green and can't find a taker for Lee, they're looking at a potential $50 million tax hit next season! Golden State can keep this core together, but it'll cost them dearly. Even if they do wind up dumping Lee(and that'll cost them some picks, BTW).

I really hope the Warriors don't win it all this year. That'll at least give their front office and ownership some pause as to whether or not it's worth spending that much money on their roster and in the end that can only help the Rockets.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Their owner already said that he will pay and curry indicated his wishes to keep green infront of all the world in his mvp speech. It will be only for one year anyway. Teams pay tax for one year uts the repeater they shy away.
    Lee is expiring is still productive and picks never had more worth than now. They will find a taker.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Nice try Bob Myers. No one is going to touch David Lee on that deal.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am excite and sure not be cried

16. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

With all due respect to those to those wanting to add/subtract from the roster, the only thing I want to add is another year together and subtract is the injuries. There's no team we can't cover on any given night.

I honestly think that this is the roster barring unforeseen misfortunes. We have a great roster with all the necessary components. Tweaks will probably happen just because of salary concerns but, the core composition is finally there.

1 person likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

When one player expires it creates cap space for next year which will be the year of the dramatic rise of cap space and that team will have room to add two max contracts at least.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Little sam clueless fisher just screwed the Rockets and their immediate future with this thread. Not only that, despite what he says, he's already given up on the team this year with his loser mentality by creating this thread. He's one of the worst when it comes to understanding basketball. You can't even call this garbage "analysis." I would say he should stick to trolling, but he's not even any good at that. Here's my favorite part in bold below:

Lol, smh, a lot of teams are a few pieces away from either being in contention or vaulting from perennial lottery clubs to playoff bound, but identifying who and how they are going to address their needs are the key factors. Those two things are noticeably absent in the original post.

The most important part of the original post is right here:

A quitter/loser's mentality combined with ignorance. In other words, samfisher.

19. butterball

butterball Member

When Morey traded for Brewer and Smith, I really felt like this was going to be the year. I would still feel that way had D-Mo and Bev remained healthy. Unfortunately, I don't see the Rockets being able to keep Josh Smith or Brewer. We just got really fortunate renting them out for the rest of the year.

20. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

I know I was hoping for Brewer but Smoove was a big "?" for me. I just had no idea which Smith we were getting. I'm glad I was proven wrong.

Let's hope Morey can find a way to keep them. If the organization believes that we have enough of a thing going forward without a 3rd "superstar", it really opens all sorts avenues for us in roster flexibility. I also realize that's a big if.

This season has proven time-and-again that depth value is agruably every bit as important as a 3rd banana with a thin bench. It certainly has for all the remaining teams.

Having said all that, I think we're still in it as far as our series with GS goes. I feel it would go a long way with Brewer and Smith if we can pull this series off.