1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am better than Rafer Alston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YugoRocketsFan, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Unless this guy is really some NBA baller posting on clutchfans, Rafer Alston would ball this guy up.

Some people don't know how good NBA players are, even if it doesn't show through in games.

Everyone of those guys sitting on the bench are elite world class players. They're so good it's not even comparable. The credentials you have to have at least is be a pro in another country or a great college baller to say something like that.

Either way, in a pick up game, Rafer'd ball your ass over. Guy is a streetball legend but the hardwood isn't his specialty. :D

2. MightySparrow

MightySparrow Member

not on tonight's game though...

3. YugoRocketsFan

Everyone has a good game rookie, I've even hit 7 3s in a row before in a game.

4. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

The hell you did (and against what comp). This thread is a joke. I promise you're a garbage Y league player

5. YugoRocketsFan

You dont know me till youve seen me.

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

This idiotic thread is begging to be locked.

7. YugoRocketsFan

:) thanks.

8. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

AGREE! - damnit people just get over it ... hes our dang point guard and we cant trade him, so please quit complainin... im satisfied with him - i know hell try to improve on the areas he needs to improve on -- he is also clutch in the 4th quarter this season, i can recall plenty of times that hes done clutch stuff in the fourth... i mean who ever started this thread coulndt hang a min. in his spot.. so thank you

Im bettin that hes gonna hit a big shot in the playoffs and everyone is gonna take what they said about him back ;)

9. bchapman101

bchapman101 Contributing Member

No please dont lock it! I wanna hear more about how incredible Yugo is at playing basketball!

10. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Rafer was like man of the game tonight... u not better than Skip, dude haha

11. BlakeB

BlakeB Member

Good post man, good post. Skip did a great job tonight, I think you really have to say we won tonight because of him. Things were looking bad and Skip's steals at the end of the 4th and his 20 total points really got it done for us.

I sure am glad some moron is so into his Rafer bashing that he felt it necessary to make this ridiculous topic. Whether the guy is sarcastic or not (and by the way, Skip would destroy the creator of this topic-dude is a street ball legend) these anti-Rafer topics are getting worse and worse. He is our PG whether you like it or not, and all things considered, we really could have someone worse.

Skip may not be much of a shooter but he does a lot of other things well, and really does do most things at least acceptably. Every player on our team can't be a superstar or roleplayer of Battier quality, some of you people just need to learn to deal with that. I do wish we had more PG depth, but Skip is our starter and our guy... and whatever you think about him you have to admit that tonight Alston came up big for our team.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rafer doesn't always have the greatest shot selection. It isn't the worst either. His percentage may be low in general. From 3pt it is pretty good.

But without Rafer pretty much everyone else on the court sees their percentages drop. Because he is good at running the kind of offense JVG is using. He is a fairly low TO guy, and he plays better than avg. defense most of the time, with occasional bursts of exceptional defense.

He has shown improvement on his shooting, and obviously works at his game and what he needs to do to improve, I believe that will continue.

I think he gets more than his share of the blame, and less than his share of the credit.

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Obviously you're capable of dropping 20points on 7-10 shooting in an NBA game any given night. Why didn't you ever declare for the draft?

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think his selection on shots is pretty much excellent...he always takes threes when the defender is at least 4-5 feet away....when there is an open way to the basket he takes it right to the basket....

what he sucks at, are his layups, not the way he goes to the basket, but the way he releases the ball...his selection is good, but he just can't make them..I am not sure what it is, maybe his "feeling" is bad or he just has problems with his vision...

recently he has been doing something I like to see more: he runs to the opponents half, mayeb has 2 defenders in front of him, he stops somewhere around 12-15 feet and takes the shot...he should do that more often IMO

15. ericmark

ericmark Member

Are you V-span? ;)
    I wish Alston has his consistency like last night. Maybe he challenged back to you. :D Many thanks if so. :cool:

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What I would wish is that even though the defender is far away, is that he would try and move the ball inside or take his shot after getting the pass created from T-mac's penetration. He does better with shots created from ball movement rather than taking shots he creates from himself.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This is what I have been saying all season but nobody hears my message!!
    Even JVG doesn't care to alter this error, it costs us points EVERY GAME!!
    Justy like Howards Moving pick EVERY GAME!!! :p

18. YugoRocketsFan

Any given night, thats his first night he even had a shooting game like that.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

funniest thread of the month..."my mom is better than rafer..." CLASSIC. ;)

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Any given night, thats his first night he even had a shooting game like that

it may be his highest% for the year, but rafer has had good shooting games. people just like to focus on the bad shooting games