1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I almost fell sorry for Utah

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A-Train, Apr 29, 2003.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

almost feel sorry for them. :)

The Kings are playing around with them right now. Webber is too strong, Bibby's too precise, Bobby Jackson is too quick, and Peja can do pretty much anything he wants, anytime he wants...

I was expecting this intense rush of joy when the coffin door was finally slammed shut and the last shovel-full of dirt was thrown upon Utah's grave, but seeing this quick, painless dismantling of them is rather disappointing. I was hoping for something along the lines of them losing on a buzzer beating three, like they did to us in 1997, the final mortal wound of the Jason Vorhees of the NBA that just kept getting back up time and time and time...Sorry Utah, there will be no more sequels...

I don't know...hating the Jazz just won't be the same without "you know who"...

2. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

I know what you mean. I remember watching Pollard Block Stockton and watched his old ass fall down and look to the ref for a foul. I felt bad for them for a second, then after realizing what I just thought I almost vomited.

Damn Them! Let them flop into mediocrity then into nothing. I have to say though, I like Kirilenko and Harprings games. Either that or Stockton makes them look better like he did to Eisley, S.Anderson, Malone and others.

But damn...Stockton is still so able to control the tempo without having to run fast, jump high or shoot. I wish Stevie had 25% of his PG ability.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Do we hate Stockton and Malone, or Utah? They may not be the same thing next year.

4. A-Train

You may be right. Every team has their nemesis. Red Sox have the Yankees, Giants have the Dodgers, Packers have the Bears...With the divisions being re-scrambled, though, we might have to find another team to loathe, since we won't play Utah as much..,

5. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

I think the correct answer is BOTH. :D

S&M = floppers, while Utah is just plain annoying because of their arrogance ("What do you mean our players can actually foul people? They'd never do that!")

6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Something is missing...I don't know what. I was more excited when the Mavs blew them out in the 2000-01 playoffs. Maybe I've mellowed...then again, I think of Malone applying a bear hug to a Rocket as Stockton hits a game winning 3 in the 97-98 playoffs... :mad:

Flame me, but I wish Kirilenko were a Rocket.

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

All.

All three are associated with the Jazz organization.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've asked that question many times. Didn't really get a straight answer from anyone here.

I don't know. When the players get old, my hatred to them seems to mellow quite a bit. I used to hate people like, John Elway, Terry Bradshaw, Patrick Ewing, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Pat Riley, Michael Jordan etc. But toward the end of their careers, I found myself not hating that much, especially those who hadn't won anything. Same here with Stockton and Malone.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I found myself in the same predicament while watching the Sacto-Utah series. There was a part of me that wanted to see the Kings upset. But then I remembered that as long as Malone and Stockton are on that team, I want them to lose, first and foremost. Of course this isn't old Jazz with Bryon Russell, Shandon, Antoine Carr, Greg Foster, Eisley, etc.

10. A-Train

Damn, how could you forget the Uber-Rocket killer, Hornacek? That mother f*$#er used to always kill us with that little teardrop running jump shot in the lane...

11. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

[​IMG]UTAH JAZZ [​IMG]

12. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Ostertag ejected. Seven Jazz turnovers with 3:45 left in the first. Down to the Queens--uh, Kings 3-1. Total discombobulation.....now I fell sorry for Utah. Even they don't deserve to go out like this. :(

13. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Jazz derserve it.

I am quite happy.

I reall am.:p

14. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Damn it's cold in here.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Those old bastards finally got what was coming to them. Thank you, God.