1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Hypothetical) Who would you trade T-Mac for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 5, 2007.

1. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I would trade T-Mac for Yao.

That's the fairest trade I could think of.

2. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

And we have both. Sweet.

3. awo86

awo86 Rookie

i would trade dadakota...did i mispell it?!...watever.... :D
    but seriously....i wouldn't trade tmac for even lebron. only maybe kobe would i consider a trade

4. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

err... his character? :cool:

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Tracy not leader?. look at our record with him out. the way he's playing, he is probaly the best preimeter player. top 5 if not a top 3 player right now.

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

6'9 Perimeter players ith tracy's range and ball handeling skills and amazing passing ability dont grow on trees. not to mention he's scoring ability. he is a triple threat everytime he steps on the court now. clearly the best perimeter player now.

7. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

With the way T-Mac is playing and the way this team has jelled, along with the potential of T-Mac and Yao both playing together at the top of their game when Yao returns, I would not trade McGrady for anyone. Not anyone! Furthermore, none of the Top 12 players in the league would even make my consideration list, except for Kobe, Wade, and maybe Lebron, but I would rather have T-Mac with this current cast of players. I completely disagree with anyone who says McGrady is not a leader. I think T-Mac leads by example. He has, in fact, found the balance, on the one hand, of being able to both inspire and involve his teammates to an efficient level of effectivness, while, on the other hand, not sacrificing, but even excelling within his own game. All one has to do is check his points and other stats to see that he has definitely put the Rockets in the "W" column since Yao went down.

#67 Downtown, Feb 6, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  8. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

9. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

better shooter, yeah but what does it get him in the way of a fg% advantage? nada. range ... so what, the more range you have the more 3pt happy you become. kobe's d is a media created myth when they were trying to hype him up to be the next jordan, i've seen far too many players light him up for me to buy into this defensive deamon. are the lakers a defensive juggernaut or something? kobe does not have better court vision. who cares how he plays when he gets pissed off. he showed how he plays in game 7 of the suns series when he wants to be a petulant little b****.

and i find it ironic that you focused on wade when the basic premise of my post was to knock down your reasons for wanting to trade t-mac for kobe when he hasn't achieved more than t-mac as the leader of the lakers. and in a comparable situation this year, he has accomplished less team wise. so where is the upside. i only brought up wade because if you're going to trade t-mac at least do it for someone who has LEAD their team to a title. that has to count for something. i wouldn't trade a healthy (and i don't mean suddenly his back problems go away, healthy in the manner that he is right now) t-mac for any of them.

10. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

realistically, the only guy would be Kobe. IMO, no one has Tmac's combination of passing and scoring cept Kobe. Wade would not be good, cause he ain't a outside shooter. Plus, keep in mind they would be playing for JVG. Kobe would be the only guy, although don't think he'll dominate that much more. Remember, Kobe has played in the triangle offense the majority of his career. That one yr a few years ago when Phil Jax left, Kobe was doing everything one on one, and he shot only around 43%. I think though that with his will to win, and the fact that he plays alot better D than Tmac, he could prolly carry us to a championship

11. BlakeB

BlakeB Member

The only player I would consider trading T-Mac for would be Lebron. That is it. Not Kobe, not D-Wade, not TIM DUNCAN (are you guys serious?) Kobe is getting old (not quite really, but you know what I mean), I'm not convinced D-Wade is better than Kobe or Lebron, and Duncan... pff, we already have a great inside guy.

I would probably not trade for Lebron though cause I wouldnt want to mess up the team chemistry. Lebron just has a lot of upside cause of his age, but to me... the way Tracy is playing right now, he is a top 3 player and I don't want anyone else. I never lost faith in our boy Tracy, shame on yall who did.

12. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

We are talking about talent on the basketball court here! Like I said before, plain and simple, black and white, Kobe is a better player than Wade right now. AND if you remember my original post, I said the new and improved Kobe. Kobe has always had the defense, but now, he is sharing the ball more. And by pissed i meant, that if he wanted, he could win the game by himself. Only two players in the league can do that. Kobe and T-Mac! Wade can't single-handly win a basketball (unless he getsa about 20 phantom fouls). What good would Wade do on the current Rockets roster? Please explain. He doesn't have the court vision, and needs the ball to dominate.

And how has he not achieved as much as T-Mac in his Orlando days? He has taken a subpar team to the players and almost defeated a higher seed team.

Just saying that Kobe > Wade any day of the week and twice on Sundays since its usually the Lakers alternate home jersey day.

13. Turcan5

Turcan5 Member

Yet somehow Wade outplayed Kobe both times when they met this year. BTW, Kobe doesn't attack the basket as well as Wade. He's not as good of a passer either.

14. wafimomin

wafimomin Member

Dumb thread.

15. zong

zong Member

No trade is allowed for Yao and TMac.

16. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

if he keeps playing like he is...for NOBODY......

17. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

I wouldn't trade him at all. That being said if a trade came around and Minnesota offered us Kevin Garnett for Tmac maybe I'd make a deal then. The only guy I would trade Tmac for would be KG.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

My NBA 2k7 lineup is actually very similar except instead of Cassell I traded for Ridnour. I did this trade when Mcgrady was injured I kinda regret it now. I have the feeling real life would be the same.

I completely disagree with the assertion that Mac and Yao cannot take us all the way.

19. Htown57

Htown57 Member

you clearly have omitted ms vickies jalapeno...nasty overcite on your part

20. justinh

justinh Member

i love T-Mac and I would never trade him......i love this squad right now, especially T-Mac....they way he has carried us with Yao out has been inspirational.