1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hurt and disgusted: Marcus Smart

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sing and trade?

hongxingli and Vivi like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please lord give me Marcus Smart & PJ Tucker lineups for the Rockets. Drool...

#2 RudyTBag, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  3. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

This.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Would love to have Smart here, pretty sure Morey & co. had him for a workout before that draft too...just don't see how this can happen, Phoenix or Indiana might get him or he's going to stay in Boston for one year or for whatever he signs.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm not surprised. Ainge has ice in his veins. I'm sure he's been tempted to trade Hayward for Kawhi within the past week.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I would've rather had Avery Bradley. I don't want anymore guys that can't shoot.

7. izeroi

izeroi Member

Really seems that way. Probably one of the more stubborn guys I've seen when it comes to trades. He's always made himself seem like he wants your kings for his jokers and won't budge an inch.

Damion likes this.
  8. steddinotayto

If Billy King never existed Danny Ainge would have been out of a job by now. Getting those Brooklyn picks was a masterstroke.

Deckard, Zboy, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Still, the guy has an intensely profound impact on the game, just like PJ.

hakeem94 and bulkatron like this.
  10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Smart has a mid-level player quality about him -- tough-nosed defender who lacks shooting abilities.

No GM in their right mind would pay $15 million for him. $8-10 million tops is his market value.

All the crazy drunk cap money from a few years ago has dried up especially after so many teams screwed up handing out large contracts. Nobody wants Smart to become their Ryno -- sitting on the bench burning money.

No Worries and bulkatron like this.
  11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Bradley has been awful since his injuries. He does not look like the same player. Inefficient offensively, ineffective defensively.

Smart is just bad offensively, but he is a defensive bulldog. Would prefer him to Bradley any day.

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  12. steddinotayto

That's because PJ shot 37% from the 3 point line last year whereas Smart had trouble cracking 30%

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You guys sure do love shitty shooters lol. Marcus would not fit here at all. At least we got MCW for minimum, Marcus would be expensive even if we had the money.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

MS would fit this team just fine. You can plug him at multiple positions and he could more than hold his own. his impact on the game is tremendous despite not being the best offensive player out there.

hakeem94 and jayydela like this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

I hate Marcus Smart.
    And I hope he smh leaves the Celtics.
    He will be more exposed for the glaring holes of his game and the Celtics will lose their emotional leader.
    Win- Win.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Marcus Smart doesn't fit on the Rockets because he makes far too many boneheaded mistakes and can't shoot. He was vital for the Celts last year but they don't need him with all the depth this coming season. Rozier's emergence makes Smart expendable. There are only so many back court minutes available.

Celts even had him on the trading block for a while because their patience was wearing thin.

baller4life315 likes this.
  17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I have followed Marcus Smart for a long time, even back when he was an OSU Cowboy. The guy was all-world in college but he was never known for his outside shot. He was more of a creator, one on one guy - I think it is pretty remarkable how he has "reinvented" himself to be a smaller version of Dennis Rodman with all of his hustle plays, rebounding, and defense. If there was a chance to get him, I would love for him to be on the Rockets but I don't see how we have any chance of getting him.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

league's most prolific flopper since d fish

19. Nook

Nook Member

Smart teams make their restricted free agents shop for an offer and then the home team decides if they will match.

Yes Smart is a very good defender, and he is a very physical player....... but at the end of the day he cannot shoot and the appeal of those type of players is limited and very team specific. A former Celtic that toiled in Memphis for years will tell Marcus just how little elite defenders that cannot shoot are worth on the market.

hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

Marcus Smart's biggest issue isn't his bad shooting. It's his shot selection which is like a unrestrained chucker's. If he picked his spots better he would be a much more valuable player.
    And that was with Brad Stevens as his coach. Imagine how much he will chuck when he plays for a worse coach.

Zboy, Sean Dr34ms and Nook like this.