1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Huojianzongcai: I Have a Wish: Hiking to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Sep 28, 2007.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

2. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

There are so many crazy people in this world these days that it's not even funny. I know he is a basketball fan. But hiking around the world to show his support is just insane. It's just a game, dude!

3. tulexan

tulexan Member

I like how they made Jordan and the other NBA players in the painting look kind of Asian.

4. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

This guy is a real big fan of the Rockets. I wish someone or some organization, maybe the Rockets themselves, will help him to fulfill this dream.

I think so. T-mac signed the jersey at the same day and same place as he was giving the wonderful picture. At the first glance, I thought it is a bootleg too. But after I read the whole article, I am pretty sure that he was wearing an authentic jersey which was a gift from Yao.

#24 leeallen, Sep 29, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  5. AkeemTheDreem86

Why is he going out of his way to go to Dallas?

6. will2km

will2km Member

Take down Dirk as another gift to rox. :D

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the guy is a little nuts but who am I to question someone's sanity. ;)

If this guy is really that committed the Rockets organization should look into helping him out. They could make him an official Rowdy, get him a visa and a provide some support on his hike, like making sure he has enough water, food and places to rest as he makes his way through Nevada and AZ. In turn they use him as the centerpiece of a Chinese marketing campaign.

I could see something like "Take a long march for the Rockets!" ;)

8. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Any of ya'll calling this guy insane need to look in the mirror. After all they say it takes an insane person to identify another insane one.

Remember Forest Gump. Didn't he run cross country of the United States like 4 times?

I rest my case :p

9. Cjballa14

Cjballa14 Member

This guy has never been laid in his life... seriously hiking from china to h-town? Someone's priorities are messed up...just catch a flight.

P.S. That post was way too long for me to read...

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

hiking for charity, kudos.

for the given reason...
    [​IMG]

11. Astockmarketgod

mybe he should try to get money for a official Rockets Charity... while on the way over...

12. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Atty. Gurfinkel from Los Angeles, CA might be able to pull some strings for his entry visa and knowing that he made few good samaritan type of service to few people i know in asian community. It's worth to try. good luck to him.

13. huojianzongcai

huojianzongcai New Member

I'm huojianzongcai.

Your guys supports inspired me so much. Suppose it should be impossible to get there by ship either through Bering Strait or though Pacific, but I guess I could walk as long as the distance would be by water.

14. huojianzongcai

Frankly speaking it's not so easy for me to insist for two years. It's not something spur of the moment but my decision after struggling with myself. And I'm not someone lofty but just feel it worth my efforts and trying. Like the slang says, "the only way to verify true or not is to practice", I would prefer my thinking being evaluated by what I would do, instead of being evaluated by what I said currently.

15. huojianzongcai

In my opinion basketball, especially in NBA, is more than just entertainment. Players will not give up whenever there is any probability to win with even just less than one second. The activity, gumption and spirit to competition reflected in NBA game makes it so popular in the world.

I do not admire YaoMing himself, I do admire his hard working, therefore I do not wanna see his losing. Many think he's already successful with so much fame, degree and fortune, but I should say that hes still not a winner in basketball area, especially the peformance of the team, which actually shows his value most. Till now he has never won a play-off series, neither has T-mac. Just guess what would happen if they could not break the curse in the follow 3 years? Therefore they have to prove themselves by improving the achievement of the club in the following 3 years.

Yao works so hard, that his success in NBA is really a leading card for Asian. NBA is a so advantaged leader, especially before Yao enters it, compared with any other basketball leagues. You could never find such a leader in other sports area even like diving and basketball in which China would also be defeated occationally. Though U.S team was beat several times in these years, no one would believe that it's better than NBA.

Yao barged into this "Forbidden Zone" and initiate such a precedent by his hard working, which should encourge more to work hard like him. Meanwhile we are supposed to support him to go further. Sometimes people would hide his telents in a nakpin just because his complacent and conservative, which would injures others as well.